question for Examotion about rendering inline SVG in Renesis

  • Jake Beard
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29 4:42 AM

      I have a question for the Examotion team (who I assume are somewhat
      monitoring this list). It is apparently possible to instruct Internet
      Explorer to render inline SVG content using Adobe ASV
      (http://wiki.svg.org/Inline_SVG#The_ASV_Hack_and_Namespace_Prefixes).
      I was wondering if it was a priority for Examotion to implement this
      feature for Renesis? I checked the roadmap, but rendering inline SVG
      wasn't mentioned.

      Also, if there's a better place to post development questions than
      this list, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know as well.

      I look forward to your response. Thanks,

      Jake
    • Manfred Staudinger
      Message 2 of 4 , May 29 2:41 PM
        Hi Jake,

        I asked very much the same ... have a look at
        http://www.svgzone.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=3&thread_id=8

        Best regards,

        Manfred

        On 29/05/2008, Jake Beard <otakuj462@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a question for the Examotion team (who I assume are somewhat
        > monitoring this list). It is apparently possible to instruct Internet
        > Explorer to render inline SVG content using Adobe ASV
        > (http://wiki.svg.org/Inline_SVG#The_ASV_Hack_and_Namespace_Prefixes).
        > I was wondering if it was a priority for Examotion to implement this
        > feature for Renesis? I checked the roadmap, but rendering inline SVG
        > wasn't mentioned.
        >
        > Also, if there's a better place to post development questions than
        > this list, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know as well.
        >
        > I look forward to your response. Thanks,
        >
        > Jake

      • Jake Beard
        Message 3 of 4 , May 29 10:25 PM
          Hi Manfred,

          Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware that there was a forum hosted at
          svgzone. It looks like this may be a more appropriate place to ask
          Renesis-related questions.

          I have a quick question about your post. You state:

          Meanwhile I found from your site
          <object id="Renesis.SVG"
          classid="clsid:AC159093-1683-4BA2-9DCF-0C350141D7F2">
          <?import namespace="svg" urn="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
          implementation="#Renesis.SVG"?>
          </object>

          Where did you find this piece of code? Have you tested it, and found that
          it allows you to use Renesis to render inline SVG in IE 6?

          I would greatly appreciate it if you would let me know. Thanks,

          Jake

          On 5/29/08, Manfred Staudinger <manfred.staudinger@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jake,
          >
          > I asked very much the same ... have a look at
          > http://www.svgzone.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=3&thread_id=8
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Manfred
          >
          > On 29/05/2008, Jake Beard <otakuj462@... <otakuj462%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have a question for the Examotion team (who I assume are somewhat
          > > monitoring this list). It is apparently possible to instruct Internet
          > > Explorer to render inline SVG content using Adobe ASV
          > > (http://wiki.svg.org/Inline_SVG#The_ASV_Hack_and_Namespace_Prefixes).
          > > I was wondering if it was a priority for Examotion to implement this
          > > feature for Renesis? I checked the roadmap, but rendering inline SVG
          > > wasn't mentioned.
          > >
          > > Also, if there's a better place to post development questions than
          > > this list, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know as well.
          > >
          > > I look forward to your response. Thanks,
          > >
          > > Jake

        • Manfred Staudinger
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
            Hi Jake,

            > I have a quick question about your post. You state:
            >
            > Meanwhile I found from your site
            > <object id="Renesis.SVG"
            > classid="clsid:AC159093-1683-4BA2-9DCF-0C350141D7F2">
            > <?import namespace="svg" urn="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
            > implementation="#Renesis.SVG"?>
            > </object>
            >
            > Where did you find this piece of code? Have you tested it, and found that
            > it allows you to use Renesis to render inline SVG in IE 6?

            I found this on Google, pointing to a (now offline) page of theire
            site. The answer
            they gave to my question sounded rather reluctant to support inline SVG (?!), so
            I responded with the above.

            I have not tested this as I think they should state a clear commitment
            for inline SVG
            in the first place - ridiculous, do they even have a choice?

            Manfred