Rgarding use of AJAX with SVG

  • bharatc86
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
      Hi ,
      I needed to use SVG in AJAX to communicate wth the server and
      retreive data from it. The AJAX calls a python file that performs the
      xml-rpc and returns a string to the file with AJAX . Currently we have
      created an AJAX page that uses a container created using the DIV tag
      to store returned string and saved it as .pt tag. Now i need to use
      the AJAX commands in a .svg file .If anyone knows about this please
      help us.
    • Erik Dahlström
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
        On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:51:55 +0200, bharatc86 <bharatc66@...> wrote:

        > Hi ,
        > I needed to use SVG in AJAX to communicate wth the server and
        > retreive data from it. The AJAX calls a python file that performs the
        > xml-rpc and returns a string to the file with AJAX . Currently we have
        > created an AJAX page that uses a container created using the DIV tag
        > to store returned string and saved it as .pt tag. Now i need to use
        > the AJAX commands in a .svg file .If anyone knows about this please
        > help us.

        You can do some reading here:
        http://wiki.svg.org/index.php?title=XMLHttpRequest

        And I made an example of using XMLHttpRequests in svg here:
        http://widgets.opera.com/widget/7370/

        Hope this helps
        /Erik

        Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
      • Andreas Neumann
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2008
          Hello,

          here is a tutorials
          http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/network_requests/index.shtml
          and example
          http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/network_requests/index.svg

          This is a wrapper function around getUrl and XMLHttpRequest. This
          means that the function also works in IE with the Adobe SVG viewer or
          in Apache Batik.

          Hope this helps,
          Andreas

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "bharatc86" <bharatc66@...>