Regarding Running Dynamic SVG images in Firefox

  • bharatc86
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi friends ,
      I have used javascript to create svg images directly and also to
      create text tags directly inorder to display a concept map which uses
      loops to display the images .It works fine in Internet Explorer but
      doesnt display the images in firefox(Linux version). Ive tried
      installing the adobe svg veiwer but it does not work.pls help
    • ddailey
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
        From my own experience, the most common reason for things working in IE but not in FF has to do with the Adobe plugin (typically used in IE) allowing syntactic shortcuts, particularly regarding namespaces. Jonathan Watt's article at http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/ is the oft-cited and concise reference on the topic. If the suggestions there don't help then it may help to provide a link to the code that is causing troubles.

        Am not sure why a "concept map" with loops should cause any difficulty that an ordinary SVG document with script does not encounter (see e.g. http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/graphs30.svg for something vaguely concept-mappy working in IE, OP, and FF -- though strangely the mouse events and javascript animation don't work in the version of Safari I have).

        If you find that your stuff works in IE and Opera but not in FF, then that would tend to invoke a different set of diagnostic considerations: all rather context sensitive.

        When you say you've tried installing the IE/Adobe viewer, am not sure what you mean since you'd pretty much have to have that installed already to be able to see the stuff in IE (excepting Renesis).

        cheers