Re: [svg-developers] postURL doesn't work in FF2 +ASV 6

  • "~:'' ありがとうございました
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2008
      Rudolfo,

      you might want to consider xmlhttprequest depending exactly what you
      are doing...

      an example is here:
      http://peepo.getmyip.com/~JonathanChetwynd/zanadu.svg

      a rather ancient introduction was here:
      http://www.jibbering.com/2002/4/httprequest.html
      however it seems to be offline at the moment....

      regards

      Jonathan Chetwynd
      Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet

      On 7 Feb 2008, at 23:06, RODOLFO MORENO LLACZA wrote:

      hi ALL,
      I have FF2 and I have set svg.enabled = false (this using
      about:config) in order to disabled the own support for SVG of FF and
      I have installed the ASV 6 plugin.

      getURL method is working fine but postURL method doesn't work.

      however getURL and postURL working fine with IE7 + ASV3. (I have
      tested one week ago)

      I don't know which is the error or maybe is an ASV6 bug

      the way how I am calling this method is:
      postURL(url,params,getURLCallback,'application/x-www-form-urlencoded;
      charset=utf-8');

      thanks in advantage
      RODOLFO

    • RODOLFO MORENO LLACZA
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2008
        Thanks Andreas and Jonathan,
        I have already implemented the support for FF with its own native SVG for my application. the problem is that
        is too slow. Which is why I wanted to use the ASV 6 in FF.

        I would like to know whether there is some way of doing that the own native SVG of Firefox to be faster.
        I have a GIS application. The loading of the layers are a little slow, but mouseover event is really slow that it seems like a
        defect of my aplication in my tooltip functions.

        RODOLFO

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2008
          Rodolfo,

          if you could point us to a URI?

          opacity was a known ff problem, if there's much of it...

          filters also can be slow...

          did you try opera or safari-webkit?

          could you use css for mouseover? eg like this:
          http://www.peepo.co.uk/temp/moulin/moulin.svg

          <rodolfoamoreno@ ...> wrote:

          > hi ALL,
          > I have FF2 and I have set svg.enabled = false (this using
          about:config) in order to disabled the own support for SVG of FF and
          I have installed the ASV 6 plugin.

          > getURL method is working fine but postURL method doesn't work.
          >
          > however getURL and postURL working fine with IE7 + ASV3. (I have
          tested one week ago)

          > I don't know which is the error or maybe is an ASV6 bug
          >
          > the way how I am calling this method is:
          > postURL(url, params,getURLCal lback,'applicati on/x-www- form-
          urlencoded; charset=utf- 8');

          > thanks in advantage
          > RODOLFO

          > http://www.yahoo com/r/hs

        • RODOLFO MORENO LLACZA
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2008
            Jonathan, sorry for my delay.

            The company, where I work, don't have a public URL.
            Maps that I have in my application are quite heavy, for instances a map can be:
            - World layer, is a heavy layer (it has 500kb aprox.)
            - Usa states layer, also is heavy layer
            - California counties layer.

            In this map you can do thematic query, navigation options, layer management, etc.

            thanns for your attention
            RODOLFO