Re: Pretty printer for Windows, Batik

  • Helder Magalhães
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2008
      > Here you are:
      > http://frankbruder.fr.ohost.de/scripting/batikinstall.html

      Nice tutorial! :-)

      Few tips I'd like to share:

      1. Install Location:

      «For the remainder of this document I assume that you now create a new
      folder named `Batik' in C:\Programs and extract the archive with the
      Batik binary to C:\Programs\Batik. I also assume that the Batik
      version you use is 1.7. If any of these assumptions is not true then
      you will need to adapt the instructions slightly to use different paths.»

      Although having Batik installed to a new folder named
      "C:\Programs\Batik", I believe using default Program Files location
      would be even nicer. Also, IMHO creating "Batik" folder brings no
      additional value (and if so, "Apache" would be more natural). To
      accomplish it:

      1.1. Always use quotes ("") surrounding all paths. This avoids issues
      when path has spaces ("Program Files" for example).
      1.2. Use environment variable "%ProgramFiles%" instead of
      "C:\Programs". This will make the install location more natural
      (locale-dependent, default program files location).

      So, for example, "svg2png.bat" would become:
      java -jar "%ProgramFiles%\batik-1.7\batik-rasterizer.jar" -m image/png
      -scripts text/ecmascript -onload %1

      Regards,

      Helder Magalhães
    • Frank Bruder
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 15, 2008
        Thanks for your tips. I've implemented them now.

        Regards
        Frank

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Helder Magalhães