Re: [svg-developers] Re: Pretty printer for Windows, Batik

  • Cameron McCormack
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 4, 2008
      Frank Bruder:
      > Here you are:
      > http://frankbruder.fr.ohost.de/scripting/batikinstall.html
      >
      > Given the stated intend of that tutorial it will probably need some
      > improvement ... by someone else than me. Or at least I'm not going to
      > have the time to do much for it soon.

      As Andreas said, nice tutorial! I’ve put a link to it on Batik’s wiki.

      --
      Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/
      xmpp:heycam@... ▪ ICQ 26955922 ▪ MSN cam@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2008
        > Here you are:
        > http://frankbruder.fr.ohost.de/scripting/batikinstall.html

        Nice tutorial! :-)

        Few tips I'd like to share:

        1. Install Location:

        «For the remainder of this document I assume that you now create a new
        folder named `Batik' in C:\Programs and extract the archive with the
        Batik binary to C:\Programs\Batik. I also assume that the Batik
        version you use is 1.7. If any of these assumptions is not true then
        you will need to adapt the instructions slightly to use different paths.»

        Although having Batik installed to a new folder named
        "C:\Programs\Batik", I believe using default Program Files location
        would be even nicer. Also, IMHO creating "Batik" folder brings no
        additional value (and if so, "Apache" would be more natural). To
        accomplish it:

        1.1. Always use quotes ("") surrounding all paths. This avoids issues
        when path has spaces ("Program Files" for example).
        1.2. Use environment variable "%ProgramFiles%" instead of
        "C:\Programs". This will make the install location more natural
        (locale-dependent, default program files location).

        So, for example, "svg2png.bat" would become:
        java -jar "%ProgramFiles%\batik-1.7\batik-rasterizer.jar" -m image/png
        -scripts text/ecmascript -onload %1

        Regards,

        Helder Magalhães
      • Frank Bruder
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 15, 2008
          Thanks for your tips. I've implemented them now.

          Regards
          Frank

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Helder Magalhães