Re: Heads Up for SVG Open 2008!

  • Andreas Neumann
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
      Thanks for your suggestion, David!

      There will be a "SVG wow" session as always. In 2007 we had Erik
      Dahlströms presentation "Quick recipes for SVG Wow!" (http://
      www.svgopen.org/2007/papers/abstract3/index.html) - I just saw that
      the links are broken. I will look into the broken links on the
      weekend and fix them.

      Andreas

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ddailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:

      > Hi Doug,
      >
      > Am glad to see things are moving along for the next conference.
      >
      > I recall one of the tracks that was in 2006 that I did not seem to
      see in SVG 2007 was something about
      > cool and flashy demos -- that would be fun both to observe and to
      present. It also might go some ways toward exposing the naive among
      our audience to some of the potential.

      > Happy New Year!
      > David

      Open 2008
      > in late December or early January. I thought I would kick off the
      New
      > Year with an informal preliminary call for papers... it's still
      2007
      > where I'm writing. :)
      >
      > I don't want to spoil the official announcement, which will follow
      > within a couple weeks, but the organizer has been chosen, early
      sponsors
      > found, a location determined (hint: it's somewhere in Europe),
      and a
      > timeframe decided (sometime in late September, as usual).
      >
      > The SVG Open 2008 site will be officially open for business by
      > mid-January, but you can get started on your papers now. For
      those of
      > you who plan to present or attend, it would be interesting to hear
      > feedback about what you want to see in the conference. The
      presentation
      > tracks are not yet decided, so there's time for you to chime in.
      >
      > I look forward to seeing some of you there, and to helping review
      your
      > presentations.
      >
      > Happy New Year!
      >
      > Best Regards-
      > -Doug Schepers
      > W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI

    • Doug Schepers
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
        Hi, All-

        I'm a dope. I said September when I meant August (as Andreas corrects
        me here). Sorry for the misinformation.

        Regards-
        -Doug