Re: [svg-developers] Heads Up for SVG Open 2008!

  • ddailey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
      Hi Doug,

      Am glad to see things are moving along for the next conference.

      I recall one of the tracks that was in 2006 that I did not seem to see in SVG 2007 was something about
      cool and flashy demos -- that would be fun both to observe and to present. It also might go some ways toward exposing the naive among our audience to some of the potential.

      Happy New Year!
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
        Hi Doug and others,

        thanks for the pre-announcement.

        The conference will be in Nuremberg, Germany and the date will be the
        last week of August.

        More information soon on the SVG Open website.

        I'll encourage past and potential SVG Open attendees to provide
        feedback and input on what they want to see/hear at the SVG Open
        conference, similar to David Daileys mail from today.

        Thanks,
        Andreas

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
          Thanks for your suggestion, David!

          There will be a "SVG wow" session as always. In 2007 we had Erik
          Dahlströms presentation "Quick recipes for SVG Wow!" (http://
          www.svgopen.org/2007/papers/abstract3/index.html) - I just saw that
          the links are broken. I will look into the broken links on the
          weekend and fix them.

          Andreas

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ddailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:

          > Hi Doug,
          >
          > Am glad to see things are moving along for the next conference.
          >
          > I recall one of the tracks that was in 2006 that I did not seem to
          see in SVG 2007 was something about
          > cool and flashy demos -- that would be fun both to observe and to
          present. It also might go some ways toward exposing the naive among
          our audience to some of the potential.

          > Happy New Year!
          > David

        • Doug Schepers
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
            Hi, All-

            I'm a dope. I said September when I meant August (as Andreas corrects
            me here). Sorry for the misinformation.

            Regards-
            -Doug