Heads Up for SVG Open 2008!

  • Doug Schepers
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hi, SVG Community-

      At SVG Open 2007, we promised to announce preparations for SVG Open 2008
      in late December or early January. I thought I would kick off the New
      Year with an informal preliminary call for papers... it's still 2007
      where I'm writing. :)

      I don't want to spoil the official announcement, which will follow
      within a couple weeks, but the organizer has been chosen, early sponsors
      found, a location determined (hint: it's somewhere in Europe), and a
      timeframe decided (sometime in late September, as usual).

      The SVG Open 2008 site will be officially open for business by
      mid-January, but you can get started on your papers now. For those of
      you who plan to present or attend, it would be interesting to hear
      feedback about what you want to see in the conference. The presentation
      tracks are not yet decided, so there's time for you to chime in.

      I look forward to seeing some of you there, and to helping review your
      presentations.

      Happy New Year!

      Best Regards-
      -Doug Schepers
      W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI
    • ddailey
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
        Hi Doug,

        Am glad to see things are moving along for the next conference.

        I recall one of the tracks that was in 2006 that I did not seem to see in SVG 2007 was something about
        cool and flashy demos -- that would be fun both to observe and to present. It also might go some ways toward exposing the naive among our audience to some of the potential.

        Happy New Year!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
          Hi Doug and others,

          thanks for the pre-announcement.

          The conference will be in Nuremberg, Germany and the date will be the
          last week of August.

          More information soon on the SVG Open website.

          I'll encourage past and potential SVG Open attendees to provide
          feedback and input on what they want to see/hear at the SVG Open
          conference, similar to David Daileys mail from today.

          Thanks,
          Andreas

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
            Thanks for your suggestion, David!

            There will be a "SVG wow" session as always. In 2007 we had Erik
            Dahlströms presentation "Quick recipes for SVG Wow!" (http://
            www.svgopen.org/2007/papers/abstract3/index.html) - I just saw that
            the links are broken. I will look into the broken links on the
            weekend and fix them.

            Andreas

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
              Hi, All-

              I'm a dope. I said September when I meant August (as Andreas corrects
              me here). Sorry for the misinformation.

              Regards-
              -Doug