Re: [svg-developers] Firefox 2.x very slow perfomrance when html elements are on top of SVG

  • Brian Modra
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
      I'm assuming its a fairly complex SVG?
      If so, its because the SVG elements all need to be clipped and perhaps
      redrawn as the simple HTML elements are drawn on top.
      If anyone has more ideas about this I'd like to know, because I'm wondering
      if it can be avoided. I have not tried this, but I wonder e.g. can we put a
      <g> with a close clip boundary around spatially separate elements to
      instruct firefox not to bother clipping many of them?
      I have a similar problem with mouse event response in complex SVGs.

      I didn't know that IE draws SVG?

      --
      Brian Modra Land line: +27 23 5411 462
      Mobile: +27 79 183 8059