Re: [svg-developers] compressed external js with FF3?

  • "André M. Winter - Carto.net"
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2007
      thank you björn,

      no luck at all...

      >(sometimes it's sufficient to call the file e.g.
      > example.js.gz).

      no it isn't. just tested on an apache server with not gz mime type set:

      Error: illegal character
      Source File: http://192.168.0.3/webtest/menutest.js.gz
      Line: 1
      Source Code:
      ??o=G

      also correct mime type gives me the same result (tested with a local and
      adapted version of <http://entropymine.com/jason/testbed/mime>).

      > Making it work locally requires different methods,
      > if that is possible at all.

      no it doesn't work. same result as above.

      andré

      andre m. winter,
      cartography for internet and multimedia applications
      schiessstand 4/1, a6091 goetzens, tyrol, austria
      tel.: ++43.5234.32732

      <http://www.vectoreal.com/> SVG consulting and development
      <http://www.geotrace.net/> geo-localized high quality photographs
      <http://www.carto.at/> print and online touristic map solutions
    • Andreas Neumann
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
        it works fine for me. I tested with Apache on-the-fly gzip
        compression (mod_deflate). If you use the "Live HTTP Header"
        extension with firefox and point the firefox browser to "http://
        www.carto.net/williams/yosemite/navigation.js" you can see that this
        file is actually gzip-encoded (Content-Encoding: gzip)

        Andreas

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "André M. Winter - Carto.net"