Re: [svg-developers] svg clock for mobile

  • Thomas Steiner
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 2007
      Thank you very much for this quick and clear answer. Now I think I
      understood. Animation could/should be possibile, but not scripting
      (what I need to initalize). And I confirm that my phone does move the
      second and minute hand (I didn't wait for the hour hand yet).
      And perhaps the
      evt.target.ownerDocument.rootElement.setCurrentTime(time_seconds);
      could be allowed (if I understood you correctly) - but an firm answer
      to this question should be given by other experts, right? (They
      possibly read about this problem in this group here?)

      Thanks again for your answer - unfortunately it seems to be impossible
      to make this SVG clock run on a mobile phone.
      Have a nice weekend,
      Thomas
    • Frank Bruder
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 2007
        You could try using a wallclock-sync-value for begin.
        i.e. begin="wallclock(0s)"
        As far as I know, that's not supported in either Opera
        or ASV. But for user agents supporting scripting you
        can still set the begin attribute at load time.

        I have no idea if any mobile phones do support
        wallclock-sync-values. You can try it at least.

        Regards,

        Frank

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas
        Steiner" <finbref.2006@...> wrote:

        > Thank you very much for this quick and clear answer. Now I think I
        > understood. Animation could/should be possibile, but not scripting
        > (what I need to initalize). And I confirm that my phone does move
        the
        > second and minute hand (I didn't wait for the hour hand yet).
        > And perhaps the
        > evt.target.ownerDocument.rootElement.setCurrentTime(time_seconds);
        > could be allowed (if I understood you correctly) - but an firm
        answer
        > to this question should be given by other experts, right? (They
        > possibly read about this problem in this group here?)
        >
        > Thanks again for your answer - unfortunately it seems to be
        impossible
        > to make this SVG clock run on a mobile phone.
        > Have a nice weekend,
        > Thomas

      • Thomas Steiner
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 2007
          Thanks Frank for your answer.
          Unfortunately http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#BeginValueListSyntax
          is too technical for me.

          I now changed to the rootElement.setCurrentTime() method and in the
          rects I changed the animateTransform tags, well their "begin" values.
          See the result here:
          http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~thomas/test/Uhr-6.svg (and Uhr-7.svg for
          a script version)

          They both do not work (even worse as the others: no animation here at all)

          Thomas