Re: [svg-developers] IE7 to FireFox

  • Ronan Oger
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
      Hi Julie,

      A common problem in IEx -> FFy is ecascript naming issues. Take a look at the
      ecmascript specification.

      http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm

      Also, take a look at your javascript error console in FF to identify your
      scripting bugs quickly (well, one at a time)

      Ronan

      --
      Ronan Oger lailing list account
      http://www.roitsystems.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
        Another source that spells out several common problems that you are likely to encounter is this one:

        http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/

        --
        Ronan Oger lailing list account
        http://www.roitsystems.com
        http://www.roasp.com

      • Doug Schepers
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
          Hi, Julie-

          jgfa92004 wrote (on 10/7/2007 5:18 AM):

          > I have svg files that can be opened only with IE7. Is there a document
          > that describe how to make a svg file compatible with the dom
          > specifications.

          Jonathan Watt wrote some SVG authoring guidelines for this very purpose.
          They should help you out with the most common problems:

          http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/

          Regards-
          -Doug
        • Samuel Dagan
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
            Hi Julie,
            I want to add to the answers you've got that IE+ASV support
            SMIL animations, which are supported also by Opera, but are
            not - by FireFox. For FireFox you have to animate by
            scripting.
            Cheers Samy

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jgfa92004" <juliegautier@...>