IE7 to FireFox

  • jgfa92004
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
      Hi all,
      I have svg files that can be opened only with IE7. Is there a document
      that describe how to make a svg file compatible with the dom
      specifications.
      Thanks in advance.
      Julie
    • Ronan Oger
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
        Hi Julie,

        A common problem in IEx -> FFy is ecascript naming issues. Take a look at the
        ecmascript specification.

        http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm

        Also, take a look at your javascript error console in FF to identify your
        scripting bugs quickly (well, one at a time)

        Ronan

        --
        Ronan Oger lailing list account
        http://www.roitsystems.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
          Another source that spells out several common problems that you are likely to encounter is this one:

          http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/

          --
          Ronan Oger lailing list account
          http://www.roitsystems.com
          http://www.roasp.com

        • Doug Schepers
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
            Hi, Julie-

            jgfa92004 wrote (on 10/7/2007 5:18 AM):

            > I have svg files that can be opened only with IE7. Is there a document
            > that describe how to make a svg file compatible with the dom
            > specifications.

            Jonathan Watt wrote some SVG authoring guidelines for this very purpose.
            They should help you out with the most common problems:

            http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/

            Regards-
            -Doug
          • Samuel Dagan
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
              Hi Julie,
              I want to add to the answers you've got that IE+ASV support
              SMIL animations, which are supported also by Opera, but are
              not - by FireFox. For FireFox you have to animate by
              scripting.
              Cheers Samy

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jgfa92004" <juliegautier@...>