WSIWYG Editor

  • Lenny
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2007
      Long time lurker, first time poster. I must say, the messages in this
      group has done wonders in bringing me up-to-speed on SVG technology -
      thanks! I've been a member of this group for probably 9-12 months now.
      I'm not an SVG developer, but instead a program manager in charge of a
      team that is working towards migrating raster images to SVG.

      I'm looking for a WSIWYG SVG editor that can be embedded in a web
      browser - any suggestions?

      Lenny
    • Chris Peto
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
        Check out these links below

        SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor/main.svg
        SVG Editor Mac Skins:
        <http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor_mac/main.svg>
        http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor_mac/main.svg

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
        Chris Peto
        Freelance System Development,

        Resource Solutions
        -------------------------------------
        Germany
        Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
        Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
        <http://www.resource-solutions.de/> http://www.resource-solutions.de
        <mailto:CPeto@...> mailto:CPeto@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
          Hi Chris - thanks for the links.
          Unfortunately, that's not quite what I'm looking for.

          I'm looking at an application that I can embed in my own webpage that
          will allow someone to edit and XML file.

          I have the means to edit the actual values via an embedded webpage
          (fckeditor), but I would prefer to have a WSIWYG interface, because
          many people who edit these values have no idea how to read .*ml. Also
          - I'm really only interested in modifying text and not graphics, so
          that should make it easier (I would think).

          Again - thanks for the links!

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@...> wrote:

          > Check out these links below
          >

          > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor/main.svg
          > SVG Editor Mac Skins:
          > <http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor_mac/main.svg>
          > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor_mac/main.svg
          >

          > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
          > Chris Peto
          > Freelance System Development,
          >
          > Resource Solutions
          > -------------------------------------
          > Germany
          > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
          > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
          > <http://www.resource-solutions.de/> http://www.resource-solutions.de
          > <mailto:CPeto@...> mailto:CPeto@...

        • ddailey
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
            Lenny,

            I don't know of anything like what you mention, but I sometimes have let students choose such a project from among several others: build a code editor (SVG, HTML and/or JavaScript) running in the browser. For some reason students have never actually chosen this project

            The example I show to get them started is here
            http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/javascript/markup6.html

            It would take a lot of work to get it to where you want it to be, in fact right now it only works in IE/ASV, with the JavaScript and HTML parts working in Firefox. If you feel like building such a thing, the above might provide some ideas for how to get started.

            (Some of the other projects for the class are clearly sexier -- like a virtual weather station which allows people who work in basements to have a window on the world outside based on interrogation of current weather data for their location and subsequent dynamic SVG to simulate wind, precipitation, temperature, cloud cover and position of sun, or the virtual landscape flyover which streams altitude data -- AJAX like -- and builds an SVG landscape that a pilot may fly through at low altitudes.)

            Please holler if you do find something, since I'd be interested too,

            Unfortunately, that's not quite what I'm looking for.

            I'm looking at an application that I can embed in my own webpage that
            will allow someone to edit and XML file.

            I have the means to edit the actual values via an embedded webpage
            (fckeditor), but I would prefer to have a WSIWYG interface, because
            many people who edit these values have no idea how to read .*ml. Also
            - I'm really only interested in modifying text and not graphics, so
            that should make it easier (I would think).

            Again - thanks for the links!

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@...> wrote:

            > Check out these links below
            >

            > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor/main.svg
            > SVG Editor Mac Skins:
            > <http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor_mac/main.svg>
            > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor_mac/main.svg
            >

            > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
            > Chris Peto
            > Freelance System Development,
            >
            > Resource Solutions
            > -------------------------------------
            > Germany
            > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
            > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
            > <http://www.resource-solutions.de/> http://www.resource-solutions.de
            > <mailto:CPeto@...> mailto:CPeto@...

          • Lenny Voet
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
              David - thanks for the link. I agree that there are surely sexier widgets to build, what you have there is actually pretty cool.
              I think I understand how I could extend it to make it suit my needs, but like I said earlier I ain't no programmer (although I used to play one at my last job) and I would rather borrow than write code ;)

              I'll definitely post a link to anything I find.

              Lenny Voet
              Sacramento, Ca.
              Careful, we don't want to learn from this. --- Calvin

              Unfortunately, that's not quite what I'm looking for.

              I'm looking at an application that I can embed in my own webpage that

              will allow someone to edit and XML file.

              I have the means to edit the actual values via an embedded webpage

              (fckeditor), but I would prefer to have a WSIWYG interface, because

              many people who edit these values have no idea how to read .*ml. Also

              - I'm really only interested in modifying text and not graphics, so

              that should make it easier (I would think).

              Again - thanks for the links!

              --- In svg-developers@ yahoogroups. com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@...> wrote:

              > Check out these links below

              > SVG editor: http://www.resource -solutions. de/svgeditor/ main.svg

              > SVG Editor Mac Skins:

              > <http://www.resource -solutions. de/svgeditor_ mac/main. svg>

              > http://www.resource -solutions. de/svgeditor_ mac/main. svg

              > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

              > Chris Peto

              > Freelance System Development,

              > Resource Solutions

              > ------------ --------- --------- -------

              > Germany

              > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843

              > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98

              > <http://www.resource -solutions. de/> http://www.resource -solutions. de

              > <mailto:CPeto@ ...> mailto:CPeto@ ...

              > From: svg-developers@ yahoogroups. com

              > Long time lurker, first time poster. I must say, the messages in this

              > group has done wonders in bringing me up-to-speed on SVG technology -

              > thanks! I've been a member of this group for probably 9-12 months now.

              > I'm not an SVG developer, but instead a program manager in charge of a

              > team that is working towards migrating raster images to SVG.

              > I'm looking for a WSIWYG SVG editor that can be embedded in a web

              > browser - any suggestions?

              <!--

              #ygrp-mkp{
              #ygrp-mkp hr{