Re: Gradient problems

  • Frank Bruder
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      Hi, Damian,

      it sounds like the id attributes of dynamically added
      content are not processed properly so referencing them
      would not work. Have you also tried it with graphics
      containing <use> elements? I guess they wouldn't work
      either.

      I'm not sure if that really is the source of the problem.
      If that's the case you might work around it by using
      always the same set of IDs for gradients and then always
      keeping the same set of gradient elements. When you
      dynamically replace a graphic you could obtain all
      gradient elements therein and copy their attributes
      and child nodes to your permanent gradient elements.

      Regards,

      Frank

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "DamianZ" <damez77@...> wrote:

      > Hi. My name is Damian.
      > I'm building a web proyect with SVG and I've this problem:
      > In an interaction with AJAX I obtain a new graphic ( a svg complete
      > with defs and gradients). This replace other svg by DOM API.
      > When firefox rendering the new graphic the gradients is not show it.
      > I guess the problem is the attribute fill:url(#MyGradient) inside
      > style attribute.
      > Is this a bug of firefox? What can I do ?
      > Thanks.
      > I invite to visite my academic project: www.wikidraw.com.ar

    • DamianZ
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
        Thanks Frank.
        I use the tag <use> and it works.
        And now we found other problem, with <use> FF2 is very slow.
        The web is a xhtml document ( embbebed svg ) when i change to SVG pure
        it works faster. I've functionality in html.

        This is not true for ff3 or Opera.

        Is that other bug of FF2?

        Saludos, Damian