Re: Sites That Utilize SVG

  • steltenpower
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 2007
      Many listed on http://svg.startpagina.nl

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "amsteve23" <xfrost_03@...> wrote:

      > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
      > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

    • Samuel Dagan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8, 2007
        Hi Amsteve,

        You'll find many links for sites using svg for elearning purpose in
        Andreas Neumann's article:

        http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/articles/paper_use_of_svg_and_ecmascri
        pt_for_elearning_isprs_workshop_potsdam_2005.pdf

        Cheers, Samy

        wrote:

        > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
        > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

      • Richard Pearman
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 8, 2007

          wrote:

          > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
          > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

          I don't know what you had in mind. My site has SVG comics, including a
          large project.

          Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
          The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
          http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
        • Stephen Quintero
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8, 2007
            This site, my work, which uses SVG as a 2D CAD system for assembling and
            laying out components.

            http://www.millipe.de

            It's beta.

            LAMP + AJAX + SVG + X3D

            Stephen

            On 6/8/07, Richard Pearman <richard@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com <svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "amsteve23" <xfrost_03@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
            > > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?
            >
            > I don't know what you had in mind. My site has SVG comics, including a
            > large project.
            >
            > Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
            > The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
            > http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415

          • amsteve23
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 8, 2007
              I have found many sites which utilize SVG for the purpose of
              demonstrating SVG's capabilities or teaching others SVG. In fact, the
              number of resources available online for SVG is, in my opinion, very
              plentiful.

              Sorry, I realize now that I was not very clear, but I was looking for
              what I would call "real-world" sites. By that, I mean sites (either
              big or small) which have decided that SVG (or, understandably, a
              combination of SVG and VML) was the best solution to use in lieu of
              some other technology.

              The reason I post this is because I am at a crossroads in my project
              where I could use either the PHP GD library, Flash, Java applets, or
              SVG. I am curious how many websites have gone the SVG route, and what
              they have done with it.

              Thanks for your responses so far, however. I did find a couple
              interesting sites that I had not yet run across in my research of SVG.
              Mr. Quintero's website was very impressive.

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Samuel Dagan" <dagan@...> wrote:

              > Hi Amsteve,
              >
              > You'll find many links for sites using svg for elearning purpose in
              > Andreas Neumann's article:
              >
              > http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/articles/paper_use_of_svg_and_ecmascri
              > pt_for_elearning_isprs_workshop_potsdam_2005.pdf
              >
              > Cheers, Samy
              >

              > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "amsteve23" <stephen425@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
              > > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

            • Lance Dyas
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 23, 2007
                amsteve23 wrote:
                > I have found many sites which utilize SVG for the purpose of
                > demonstrating SVG's capabilities or teaching others SVG. In fact, the
                > number of resources available online for SVG is, in my opinion, very
                > plentiful.
                >
                > Sorry, I realize now that I was not very clear, but I was looking for
                > what I would call "real-world" sites. By that, I mean sites (either
                > big or small) which have decided that SVG (or, understandably, a
                > combination of SVG and VML) was the best solution to use in lieu of
                > some other technology.

                maps.google.com
              • brucerindahl
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 24, 2007
                  --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "amsteve23" <stephen425@...> wrote:

                  > I have found many sites which utilize SVG for the purpose of
                  > demonstrating SVG's capabilities or teaching others SVG. In fact, the
                  > number of resources available online for SVG is, in my opinion, very
                  > plentiful.
                  >
                  > Sorry, I realize now that I was not very clear, but I was looking for
                  > what I would call "real-world" sites. By that, I mean sites (either
                  > big or small) which have decided that SVG (or, understandably, a
                  > combination of SVG and VML) was the best solution to use in lieu of
                  > some other technology.
                  >
                  > The reason I post this is because I am at a crossroads in my project
                  > where I could use either the PHP GD library, Flash, Java applets, or
                  > SVG. I am curious how many websites have gone the SVG route, and what
                  > they have done with it.
                  >
                  > Thanks for your responses so far, however. I did find a couple
                  > interesting sites that I had not yet run across in my research of SVG.

                  The Urban Drainage and Flood Control District in Denver Colorado is
                  using SVG to display floodplain maps for the general public. An
                  article explaining the application and the reasons for using SVG can
                  be found at:

                  http://udfcd.org/publications/pdf/fhn/fhn06.pdf

                  The article is on page 24.

                  The link to the floodplain interface is at:

                  http://udfcd.org/svg/svg_mapping.htm

                  Bruce Rindahl