Re: [svg-developers] Sites That Utilize SVG

  • Antoine Quint
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7 11:54 PM
      On 8 juin 2007, at 07:24, amsteve23 wrote:

      > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
      > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

      Google Maps and Windows Live Local for instance.

      Antoine
      --
      Blog — http://the.fuchsia-design.com
    • steltenpower
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8 2:07 AM
        Many listed on http://svg.startpagina.nl

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "amsteve23" <xfrost_03@...> wrote:

        > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
        > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

      • Samuel Dagan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 8 9:38 AM
          Hi Amsteve,

          You'll find many links for sites using svg for elearning purpose in
          Andreas Neumann's article:

          http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/articles/paper_use_of_svg_and_ecmascri
          pt_for_elearning_isprs_workshop_potsdam_2005.pdf

          Cheers, Samy

          wrote:

          > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
          > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

        • Richard Pearman
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8 9:42 AM

            wrote:

            > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
            > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

            I don't know what you had in mind. My site has SVG comics, including a
            large project.

            Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
            The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
            http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
          • Stephen Quintero
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 8 2:34 PM
              This site, my work, which uses SVG as a 2D CAD system for assembling and
              laying out components.

              http://www.millipe.de

              It's beta.

              LAMP + AJAX + SVG + X3D

              Stephen

              On 6/8/07, Richard Pearman <richard@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com <svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > "amsteve23" <xfrost_03@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
              > > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?
              >
              > I don't know what you had in mind. My site has SVG comics, including a
              > large project.
              >
              > Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
              > The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
              > http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415

            • amsteve23
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 8 8:29 PM
                I have found many sites which utilize SVG for the purpose of
                demonstrating SVG's capabilities or teaching others SVG. In fact, the
                number of resources available online for SVG is, in my opinion, very
                plentiful.

                Sorry, I realize now that I was not very clear, but I was looking for
                what I would call "real-world" sites. By that, I mean sites (either
                big or small) which have decided that SVG (or, understandably, a
                combination of SVG and VML) was the best solution to use in lieu of
                some other technology.

                The reason I post this is because I am at a crossroads in my project
                where I could use either the PHP GD library, Flash, Java applets, or
                SVG. I am curious how many websites have gone the SVG route, and what
                they have done with it.

                Thanks for your responses so far, however. I did find a couple
                interesting sites that I had not yet run across in my research of SVG.
                Mr. Quintero's website was very impressive.

                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Samuel Dagan" <dagan@...> wrote:

                > Hi Amsteve,
                >
                > You'll find many links for sites using svg for elearning purpose in
                > Andreas Neumann's article:
                >
                > http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/articles/paper_use_of_svg_and_ecmascri
                > pt_for_elearning_isprs_workshop_potsdam_2005.pdf
                >
                > Cheers, Samy
                >

                > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "amsteve23" <stephen425@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi.. does anyone know of any websites or webapps out there that
                > > utilize SVG, besides Google spreadsheets?

              • Lance Dyas
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 23 3:46 PM
                  amsteve23 wrote:
                  > I have found many sites which utilize SVG for the purpose of
                  > demonstrating SVG's capabilities or teaching others SVG. In fact, the
                  > number of resources available online for SVG is, in my opinion, very
                  > plentiful.
                  >
                  > Sorry, I realize now that I was not very clear, but I was looking for
                  > what I would call "real-world" sites. By that, I mean sites (either
                  > big or small) which have decided that SVG (or, understandably, a
                  > combination of SVG and VML) was the best solution to use in lieu of
                  > some other technology.

                  maps.google.com
                • brucerindahl
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 24 8:09 PM
                    --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "amsteve23" <stephen425@...> wrote:

                    > I have found many sites which utilize SVG for the purpose of
                    > demonstrating SVG's capabilities or teaching others SVG. In fact, the
                    > number of resources available online for SVG is, in my opinion, very
                    > plentiful.
                    >
                    > Sorry, I realize now that I was not very clear, but I was looking for
                    > what I would call "real-world" sites. By that, I mean sites (either
                    > big or small) which have decided that SVG (or, understandably, a
                    > combination of SVG and VML) was the best solution to use in lieu of
                    > some other technology.
                    >
                    > The reason I post this is because I am at a crossroads in my project
                    > where I could use either the PHP GD library, Flash, Java applets, or
                    > SVG. I am curious how many websites have gone the SVG route, and what
                    > they have done with it.
                    >
                    > Thanks for your responses so far, however. I did find a couple
                    > interesting sites that I had not yet run across in my research of SVG.

                    The Urban Drainage and Flood Control District in Denver Colorado is
                    using SVG to display floodplain maps for the general public. An
                    article explaining the application and the reasons for using SVG can
                    be found at:

                    http://udfcd.org/publications/pdf/fhn/fhn06.pdf

                    The article is on page 24.

                    The link to the floodplain interface is at:

                    http://udfcd.org/svg/svg_mapping.htm

                    Bruce Rindahl