Re: [svg-developers] Scaling and Centering a SVG document

  • Bjoern Hoehrmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007
      * vanjurs wrote:
      >I have an SVG window on my screen that allows 800 x 600 viewing area.

      Could you clarify what you consider an "SVG window"? You can set various
      attributes on the <svg> element, like viewBox, preserveAspectRatio, and
      width, to control the sizing of the image; you can set them so that the
      image will be scaled to fit the viewing area, for example, see

      http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#SVGElement

      for the details. There is no need to use scripting for this purpose, un-
      less for some restrictions imposed by your "SVG window".

      >Also, how do I center an SVG image in the viewing window?

      http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/coords.html#PreserveAspectRatioAttribute is
      perhaps what you are looking for, though I am not sure what it means to
      center the image in the viewing window, in this context.
      --
      Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@... · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
    • "~:'' ありがとうございました
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2007
        accessibility guidelines advise against using javascript.

        it's not needed for your use case....

        http://www.peepo.co.uk should go someway to developing your
        understanding.
        it scales to the window size.

        also

        http://tinyurl.com/24ht5p is well laid out
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics#Tutorials
        http://www.kevlindev.com

        ~:"

        Jonathan Chetwynd

        On 5 Jun 2007, at 23:41, vanjurs wrote:

        Hello,

        I have an SVG window on my screen that allows 800 x 600 viewing area.

        However, I may have SVG documents that are 1000 x 800, 1200 x 1000 and
        so on.

        How do I scale the SVG through javascript to fit in the 800 x 600 area
        regardless of the size?

        Also, how do I center an SVG image in the viewing window?

        I am looking where to get started as I am new to SVG.

        Cheers,

        Chris