Re: [svg-developers] batik: disable text selection

  • thomas.deweese@kodak.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
      Hi Istavan,

      svg-developers@yahoogroups.com wrote on 05/31/2007 11:15:31 AM:

      > Is there a way to disable text selection?
      > - I want to use events, so 'pointer-events' cannot set to none
      > - I need the default mouse cursor over text elements

      When you construct the JSVGCanvas you can use the following
      constructor:

      /**
      * Creates a new JSVGCanvas.
      *
      * @param ua a SVGUserAgent instance or null.
      * @param eventsEnabled Whether the GVT tree should be reactive to
      mouse
      * and key events.
      * @param selectableText Whether the text should be selectable.
      */
      public JSVGCanvas(SVGUserAgent ua,
      boolean eventsEnabled,
      boolean selectableText)

      You can pass 'null' for the 'ua' and Batik will provide one
      (although the UserAgent allows for a lot of useful customization).

      BTW the batik-users mail-list will likely get you quicker
      answers on Batik specific questions like this.