Re: onend firing immediately after onbegin in tag

  • sirlemmingviii
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2007
      I'm not sure I follow that. I should probably be more specific:

      My animations are triggered by the mouseover event. There are 4
      elements organized around a "spindle" and when you move the mouse over
      one, they all rotate until the one you've selected is in a certain
      position. The problem is that sometimes the other ones pass under the
      cursor before the animation finishes, and then their mouseover event
      gets triggered and it messes everything up. So I need to "lock" them
      from doing anything -- and actually I should probably dealing more
      with adding and removing the listener than with what I was talking
      about earlier, but I think there's still a problem, because it's
      time-sensitive. I need to be able to say, "When the rotation is done,
      they can all be active again." The user has to have time to move the
      cursor away. If I can't depend on "onend", I'm not sure what to do.

      Maybe when I implement some revisions it'll work, but I'm not getting
      my hopes up.

      Or maybe I should just be doing mouse clicks instead of mouseover.
      Come to think of it, that might be better just from an overall ease of
      use perspective. But, eh, whatever, see if you can answer my question
      anyway. I may still need to use "onend" for something.