Consumer price index evaluation tool using svg

  • xof
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2007
      Today on French TV channel "France 2", there was a report about a new web
      tool designed by the National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies
      (INSEE)
      Good surprise, the tool is using SVG. It can draw a graphical evolution of a
      customized "Consumer price index" by taking into consideration some of the
      consumer's habits.
      Bad surprise, as often, it works only with IE+ASV. Wrong Content-Type is
      send for Firefox, etc.
      http://www.insee.fr/fr/indicateur/indic_cons/sip/sip.htm

      cheers
      christophe
    • pilatfr
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2007
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "xof" <xofm1@...> wrote:

        This tool run fine in Opera 9.1!

        Michel

        > Hi,
        > Today on French TV channel "France 2", there was a report about a
        new web
        > tool designed by the National Institute for Statistics and
        Economic Studies
        > (INSEE)
        > Good surprise, the tool is using SVG. It can draw a graphical
        evolution of a
        > customized "Consumer price index" by taking into consideration
        some of the
        > consumer's habits.
        > Bad surprise, as often, it works only with IE+ASV. Wrong Content-
        Type is
        > send for Firefox, etc.
        > http://www.insee.fr/fr/indicateur/indic_cons/sip/sip.htm
        >
        > cheers
        > christophe

      • Chris Peto
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2007

          The tool looks ok.

          To bad they did not use a clipping path so that by zooming the line does not
          go off the chart.

          Cheers,
          Chris

          > Today on French TV channel "France 2", there was a report about a
          new web
          > tool designed by the National Institute for Statistics and
          Economic Studies
          > (INSEE)
          > Good surprise, the tool is using SVG. It can draw a graphical
          evolution of a
          > customized "Consumer price index" by taking into consideration
          some of the
          > consumer's habits.
          > Bad surprise, as often, it works only with IE+ASV. Wrong Content-
          Type is
          > send for Firefox, etc.
          > http://www.insee
          <http://www.insee.fr/fr/indicateur/indic_cons/sip/sip.htm>
          fr/fr/indicateur/indic_cons/sip/sip.htm

          > cheers
          > christophe

        • Andreas Neumann
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2007
            yes, runs fine in Opera 9 and the upcoming Safari as well.

            Since it is embedded in HTML it also seems to work in Firefox2 now.

            I remember having seen the same tool first at the german national
            office of statistics. Maybe the french office adopted that version.

            Thanks for sharing and good to see that it runs now in all viewers!

            Andreas

            > This tool run fine in Opera 9.1!
            >
            > Michel
            >

            > > Hi,
            > > Today on French TV channel "France 2", there was a report about a
            > new web
            > > tool designed by the National Institute for Statistics and
            > Economic Studies
            > > (INSEE)
            > > Good surprise, the tool is using SVG. It can draw a graphical
            > evolution of a
            > > customized "Consumer price index" by taking into consideration
            > some of the
            > > consumer's habits.
            > > Bad surprise, as often, it works only with IE+ASV. Wrong Content-
            > Type is
            > > send for Firefox, etc.
            > > http://www.insee.fr/fr/indicateur/indic_cons/sip/sip.htm
            > >
            > > cheers
            > > christophe

          • xof
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2007
              Good to see they corrected the Content-Type (I suggest them to do so
              yesterday).

              However in Opera 9.10 (build 8679) I still get the message asking me to
              install ASV.

              Isn’t it supposed to work without any plugin ?

              Christophe

              _____

              yes, runs fine in Opera 9 and the upcoming Safari as well.

              Since it is embedded in HTML it also seems to work in Firefox2 now.

              I remember having seen the same tool first at the german national
              office of statistics. Maybe the french office adopted that version.

              Thanks for sharing and good to see that it runs now in all viewers!

              Andreas

              > This tool run fine in Opera 9.1!
              >
              > Michel
              >

              > > Hi,
              > > Today on French TV channel "France 2", there was a report about a
              > new web
              > > tool designed by the National Institute for Statistics and
              > Economic Studies
              > > (INSEE)
              > > Good surprise, the tool is using SVG. It can draw a graphical
              > evolution of a
              > > customized "Consumer price index" by taking into consideration
              > some of the
              > > consumer's habits.
              > > Bad surprise, as often, it works only with IE+ASV. Wrong Content-
              > Type is
              > > send for Firefox, etc.
              > > http://www.insee
              <http://www.insee.fr/fr/indicateur/indic_cons/sip/sip.htm>
              fr/fr/indicateur/indic_cons/sip/sip.htm

              > > cheers
              > > christophe

            • "André M. Winter - Carto.net"
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 28, 2007
                hi Andreas

                > I remember having seen the same tool first at the german national
                > office of statistics. Maybe the french office adopted that version.

                yes, look at the (c) in the right bottom corner...

                andré

                andre m. winter,
                cartography for internet and multimedia applications
                schiessstand 4/1, a6091 goetzens, tyrol, austria
                tel.: ++43.5234.32732

                <http://www.vectoreal.com/> SVG consulting and development
                <http://www.geotrace.net/> geo-localized high quality photographs
                <http://www.carto.at/> print and online touristic map solutions