svg editor for mobile devices and/or pc

  • transkawa
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2007
      where can I get a freeware or shareware standalone svg editor and
      viewer. Am new to svg, although somewhat adept with xml but intend
      deploying the codes I write in 14 days, can anyone suggest other
      useful information to me along with participation in this forum? Due
      to constraints of my environment, I intend coding mainly for mobile
      devices so pls take the question as being for svg and svg mobile
      or /or/ if the tools, etc come separately.
      Thanks everyone.
    • ddailey
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2007
        transkawa wrote:

        "where can I get a freeware or shareware standalone svg editor and
        viewer."

        Inkscape (being discussed in another thread here today) is well worth looking at.

        cheers,
        David Dailey

      • transkawa
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2007
          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "transkawa" <transkawa@...> wrote:

          > where can I get a freeware or shareware standalone svg editor and
          > viewer. Am new to svg, although somewhat adept with xml but intend
          > deploying the codes I write in 14 days, can anyone suggest other
          > useful information to me along with participation in this forum? Due
          > to constraints of my environment, I intend coding mainly for mobile
          > devices so pls take the question as being for svg and svg mobile
          > or /or/ if the tools, etc come separately.
          > Thanks everyone.

          i'm going to download Inkscape right now, but am wondering if it
          implements svgTiny? would love a response.
        • Garrett Michael
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2007
            Sadly, Inkscape doesn't have such great SVGt support. (Although I have not
            tired the new release.) You could try Ikivo Animator, they support only
            SVGt tiny, but only for Animating static content. They don't allow any
            content creation if I remember correctly. I think they have a 30 day trial
            version....

            Cheers,
            Mike