Re: [svg-developers] Feedback on the 13 December 2006 release of SVG 1.1 and SVG Mobile Test Suite

  • Bjoern Hoehrmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007

      I think comments on the test suite should go to www-svg@....

      >The animated values attribute (i.e. 'values') is
      >"A semicolon-separated list of one or more values." as it defined
      >http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-
      >20010904/#ValuesAttribute
      >and here
      >http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#ValueAttributes
      >
      >It is NOT a semicolon AND spaces separated list. In a row of the
      >tests this attribute has space as a delimeter!

      Note that the former says "Leading and trailing white space, and white
      space before and after semicolon separators, will be ignored" so if you
      mean

      values = " foo ; bar "

      then there is nothing wrong with that. Note that a number of tests do
      not set atomic values but lists of values, for example, for a viewBox
      attribute you might use

      values = " 0 0 100 100 ; 10 10 110 110 "

      there is nothing wrong with that either. I could not find any test that
      matches your description, could you cite the file names of some of them?
      --
      Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@... · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
    • andrewgirow
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007

        Thanks for your answers. You are right about the list of values.

        However I couldnt just blame myself :) The full wording could be
        only found in the SMIL2.0 specification, but not in any SVG specs.

        Here is the link.
        http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20050107/animation.html#adef-
        values

        values
        A semicolon-separated list of one or more values, each of which must
        be a legal value for the specified attribute. Vector-valued
        attributes are supported using the vector syntax of the
        attributeType domain. Leading and trailing white space, and white
        space before and after semi-colon separators, will be ignored.

        And here what is written in SVG spec

        values = "<list>"
        A semicolon-separated list of one or more values. Vector-valued
        attributes are supported using the vector syntax of the
        attributeType domain. Except for any SVG-specific rules explicitly
        mentioned in this specification, the normative definition for this
        attribute is the SMIL Animation [ SMILANIM] specification. In
        particular, see SMIL Animation: 'values' attribute.

        SMILANIM spec:

        values = "<list>"
        A semicolon-separated list of one or more values. Vector-valued
        attributes are supported using the vector syntax of the
        attributeType domain.

        Sorry for that.

        Thanks,
        A.