Feedback on the 13 December 2006 release of SVG 1.1 and SVG Mobile Test Suite

  • andrewgirow
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 12:59 AM
      Hi there,

      The new tests are nice however they are not SVG Tiny 1.1 compliant
      themselves. There are several files with the same problem:

      The animated values attribute (i.e. 'values') is
      "A semicolon-separated list of one or more values." as it defined
      http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-
      20010904/#ValuesAttribute
      and here
      http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#ValueAttributes

      It is NOT a semicolon AND spaces separated list. In a row of the
      tests this attribute has space as a delimeter!

      Cheers,
      A.
    • Bjoern Hoehrmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 1:35 AM

        I think comments on the test suite should go to www-svg@....

        >The animated values attribute (i.e. 'values') is
        >"A semicolon-separated list of one or more values." as it defined
        >http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-
        >20010904/#ValuesAttribute
        >and here
        >http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#ValueAttributes
        >
        >It is NOT a semicolon AND spaces separated list. In a row of the
        >tests this attribute has space as a delimeter!

        Note that the former says "Leading and trailing white space, and white
        space before and after semicolon separators, will be ignored" so if you
        mean

        values = " foo ; bar "

        then there is nothing wrong with that. Note that a number of tests do
        not set atomic values but lists of values, for example, for a viewBox
        attribute you might use

        values = " 0 0 100 100 ; 10 10 110 110 "

        there is nothing wrong with that either. I could not find any test that
        matches your description, could you cite the file names of some of them?
        --
        Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@... · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
      • andrewgirow
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3 2:26 AM

          Thanks for your answers. You are right about the list of values.

          However I couldnt just blame myself :) The full wording could be
          only found in the SMIL2.0 specification, but not in any SVG specs.

          Here is the link.
          http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20050107/animation.html#adef-
          values

          values
          A semicolon-separated list of one or more values, each of which must
          be a legal value for the specified attribute. Vector-valued
          attributes are supported using the vector syntax of the
          attributeType domain. Leading and trailing white space, and white
          space before and after semi-colon separators, will be ignored.

          And here what is written in SVG spec

          values = "<list>"
          A semicolon-separated list of one or more values. Vector-valued
          attributes are supported using the vector syntax of the
          attributeType domain. Except for any SVG-specific rules explicitly
          mentioned in this specification, the normative definition for this
          attribute is the SMIL Animation [ SMILANIM] specification. In
          particular, see SMIL Animation: 'values' attribute.

          SMILANIM spec:

          values = "<list>"
          A semicolon-separated list of one or more values. Vector-valued
          attributes are supported using the vector syntax of the
          attributeType domain.

          Sorry for that.

          Thanks,
          A.