Re: Tricky SVG document resulting from PDF conversion

  • Flavio
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
      Peter,
      thank you for the explanation.

      I will submit the problem to PDFTron, now i am sure it's something
      they ought to fix in their program, unless this happens only with the
      demo version.

      Bye,
      Flavio
    • inincic
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2007
        Regarding text selection we are simply converting information that is
        available in PDF documents. Adobe implemented robust text selection
        in Acrobat Reader, however the same does not apply to their SVG
        viewer. The ideal solution would be to make ASV as robust as the
        Acrobat Reader is for PDF files. Unfortunately, with Adobe dropping
        support for ASV & SVG, it seems that this will never happen. On our
        side, we will try to tweak the SVG output to better match the
        expected behavior in the current version of ASV.

        Regarding the missing random characters, this is only a limitation in
        the demo version of PDF2SVG and it does not occur in the production
        version (http://www.pdftron.com/pdf2svg/faq.html#demo1). If you would
        like you can send your test files to 'support at pdftron.com' and we
        will gladly convert the files to SVG using the production version.

        Ian
        PDFTron Systems Inc.
        www.pdftron.com