Re: [svg-developers] Sketsa SVG Graphics Editor 4.0 released

  • Jonathan Chetwynd
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      Tony,

      I installed Sketsa 4, OS X 10.4 and tried to open a new page.
      error dialogue attached.

      regards

      Jonathan Chetwynd

      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.batik.gvt.renderer.MacRenderer
      at kiyut.sketsa.canvas.VectorCanvas.refresh(VectorCanvas.java:439)
      at kiyut.sketsa.canvas.VectorCanvas.refresh(VectorCanvas.java:427)
      at kiyut.sketsa.canvas.VectorCanvas.setSVGDocument(VectorCanvas.java:
      265)
      at kiyut.sketsa.windows.canvas.CanvasTopComponent.setSVGDataObject
      (CanvasTopComponent.java:295)
      at kiyut.sketsa.loaders.SVGEditorSupport.createTopComponent
      (SVGEditorSupport.java:157)
      [catch] at kiyut.sketsa.loaders.SVGEditorSupport$DocumentLoader$1.run
      (SVGEditorSupport.java:538)
      at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
      (EventDispatchThread.java:269)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
      (EventDispatchThread.java:190)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
      184)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
      176)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

      On 1 Feb 2007, at 04:03, Tonny Kohar wrote:

      Kiyut just released Sketsa SVG Graphics Editor 4.0, a cross platform
      vector drawing application based on SVG. It features various tools for
      optimizing content creation, giving designers unsurpassed support for
      creativity. These tools include property palette, source editor,
      resources editor, SVG specific shape tools, transformation tools, and
      additional illustration tools. Sketsa uses SVG as a native file format.

      What's new:
      - Build on top Netbeans Platform
      - Brand-new UI
      - Improved UI Sliding Panel, Docking Panel, etc
      - Improved Plugin Support
      - Improved DOM Editor
      - Fix Text Tool
      - Fix Rotate Tool
      - Fix Radial Gradient
      - No DOCTYPE declaration for new document
      - Other bug fixes and enhancements

      Features:
      - SVG native file format
      - Produces clean SVG file without proprietary namespaces
      - Property palette
      - DOM Editor
      - Source Editor
      - Resource Editor: gradient and filter
      - SVG specific shape tools rect, ellipse, line, polyline, polygon
      - Additional illustration tools: Pencil tool for freeform shape and Pen
      tool for curve shape
      - Transformation tool: rotate, skew, scale, and translate
      - Basic Text Tool
      - Export or rasterize to JPEG and PNG
      - Plugins Support

      For more information about Sketsa SVG Graphics Editor, please visit
      http://www.kiyut.com/products/sketsa/index.html

      Check out the screenshot at
      http://www.kiyut.com/products/sketsa/screenshot.html

      Check out the web start at
      http://www.kiyut.com/products/sketsa/webstart/sketsa.jnlp

      Regards
      Tonny Kohar
      --
      Sketsa
      SVG Graphics Editor
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007

        When opening following file offline with with Firefox, it looks good but the animation is not working. But when opening it online at my web site, the code is really messy. The look and animation are good both offline and online with the IE. Following is the page:

        http://www.pinyinology.com/planning/hanzi7.svg

        My appreciation for help on modifying the code. Thanks.

        Fuli

      • Fuli Zhang
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
          I forgot to change the subject when posting my last message. Sorry for the confusion. I am posting it again as follows:

          When opening following file offline with with Firefox, it looks good but the animation is not working. But when opening it online at my web site, the code is really messy. The look and animation are good both offline and online with the IE. Following is the page:

          http://www.pinyinol ogy.com/planning /hanzi7.svg

          My appreciation for help on modifying the code. Thanks.

          Fuli

          P.S. Is it possible for the group leader to delete postings? If yes, please delete the last one of mine. Thanks.

        • Martin Honnen
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Fuli Zhang <fuliopen@...> wrote:

            > When opening following file offline with with Firefox, it looks
            good but the animation is not working. But when opening it online at
            my web site, the code is really messy.

            Firefox so far does not support any SMIL animation elements.
          • Martin Honnen
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Fuli Zhang <fuliopen@...> wrote:

              > http://www.pinyinol ogy.com/planning /hanzi7.svg

              <http://www.pinyinology.com/planning/hanzi7.svg> is delivered as
              text/plain, make sure you configure the HTTP server to deliver .svg
              files as image/svg+xml.
            • Tonny Kohar
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007

                Thank you the detailed bug reports, it is very appreciated
                We will look into this problem (Mac OSX 10.4 and Sketa) and will notify
                you when there is an update.

                If you have any questions, feedback, bug reports, etc, please do not
                hesitate to drop us a note at support@...

                Regards
                Tonny Kohar
                --