Problem in displaying chinees characters in my svg program

  • kiran kumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
      Hi friends,
      I am developing a svg program and i have to support chinese languae and
      some other east asian languages.I m getting problem when i m trying to
      display the characters.instead of displaying the characters(‰Í) it just
      showing the unicode(丙) data of that character. Presently i kept
      the font-family as UTF-8.

      plz help me guys. I don't know where exactly the problem is occuring.
    • Jerrold Maddox
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
        Here is an example that uses both unicode and
        characters (the unicode encoding is on the right):
        http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/j/x/jxm22/libaitwice.svg

        It only works for me in Opera.

        Jerry

        >Hi friends,
        >I am developing a svg program and i have to support chinese languae and
        >some other east asian languages.I m getting problem when i m trying to
        >display the characters.instead of displaying the characters(‰Í) it just
        >showing the unicode(丙) data of that character. Presently i kept
        >the font-family as UTF-8.
        >
        >plz help me guys. I don't know where exactly the problem is occuring.

      • Kiran Kumar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2007
          Thank you so much Jerrold.

          Jerrold Maddox <jxm22@...> wrote: Here is an example that uses both unicode and