Re: how to use svg test suite

  • Divick Kishore
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
      >The SVGT 1.2 test suite is under development and there are no tests
      >from W3C publicly available yet. Getting a test suite is one of the
      >criteria to take SVGT 1.2 to Recommendation stage, so there will be
      >public tests in the near future.

      Yeah that I know. I am sorry that I should have clarified the question. The
      test suite that I downloaded was for SVG 1.1 and my question is pertaining
      to that version only. Essentially I had 2 questions.

      1. Is there test suite for SVGT1.2 -- which you have already answered that
      it is not public yet
      2. How to get started with SVGT1.1 Test suite?

      Thanks,
      Divick

    • Andreas Neumann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
        > 1. Is there test suite for SVGT1.2 -- which you have already
        answered that
        > it is not public yet

        no, not yet, only for SVG 1.1 full, basic and tiny. This test suite
        is more comprehensive than the last release but not yet completely
        testing all features. Specifically, a lot of DOM features aren't
        tested and animation tests could be improved a lot as well.

        > 2. How to get started with SVGT1.1 Test suite?

        There are PNG reference images and explaining test what should happen
        (esp. in case of animation and scripting/interactivity tests).

        After loading the test SVG file, it should match the provided PNG
        reference image. For web browsers, the best start is http://
        www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlEmbedHarness/full-
        index.html - the SVG file is displayed to the left and the reference
        image to the right. For testing mobile viewers, you'd have to use a
        webbrowser as a helper to display the reference images.

        Hope this helps,
        Andreas