Re: [svg-developers] how to use svg test suite

  • Antoine Quint
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
      Hi,

      On 2 janv. 2007, at 13:15, divick_kishore wrote:

      > I want to test a particular player for conformity / compliance with
      > respect to SVGT 1.2 Spec from W3C. I downloaded the tests suite from
      > W3C website and it contains some svg content, some html pages with SVG
      > content and some png images. Can someone guide me how can I use these
      > to check if the player / viewer is SVGT1.2 compliant or not? There is
      > no documentation with the test suite to help get started.

      The SVGT 1.2 test suite is under development and there are no tests
      from W3C publicly available yet. Getting a test suite is one of the
      criteria to take SVGT 1.2 to Recommendation stage, so there will be
      public tests in the near future.

      Antoine
      --
      Blog — http://the.fuchsia-design.com
    • Divick Kishore
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
        >The SVGT 1.2 test suite is under development and there are no tests
        >from W3C publicly available yet. Getting a test suite is one of the
        >criteria to take SVGT 1.2 to Recommendation stage, so there will be
        >public tests in the near future.

        Yeah that I know. I am sorry that I should have clarified the question. The
        test suite that I downloaded was for SVG 1.1 and my question is pertaining
        to that version only. Essentially I had 2 questions.

        1. Is there test suite for SVGT1.2 -- which you have already answered that
        it is not public yet
        2. How to get started with SVGT1.1 Test suite?

        Thanks,
        Divick

      • Andreas Neumann
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
          > 1. Is there test suite for SVGT1.2 -- which you have already
          answered that
          > it is not public yet

          no, not yet, only for SVG 1.1 full, basic and tiny. This test suite
          is more comprehensive than the last release but not yet completely
          testing all features. Specifically, a lot of DOM features aren't
          tested and animation tests could be improved a lot as well.

          > 2. How to get started with SVGT1.1 Test suite?

          There are PNG reference images and explaining test what should happen
          (esp. in case of animation and scripting/interactivity tests).

          After loading the test SVG file, it should match the provided PNG
          reference image. For web browsers, the best start is http://
          www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlEmbedHarness/full-
          index.html - the SVG file is displayed to the left and the reference
          image to the right. For testing mobile viewers, you'd have to use a
          webbrowser as a helper to display the reference images.

          Hope this helps,
          Andreas