how to use svg test suite

  • divick_kishore
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
      I want to test a particular player for conformity / compliance with
      respect to SVGT 1.2 Spec from W3C. I downloaded the tests suite from
      W3C website and it contains some svg content, some html pages with SVG
      content and some png images. Can someone guide me how can I use these
      to check if the player / viewer is SVGT1.2 compliant or not? There is
      no documentation with the test suite to help get started.

      Thanks,
      Divick
    • Antoine Quint
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007

        On 2 janv. 2007, at 13:15, divick_kishore wrote:

        > I want to test a particular player for conformity / compliance with
        > respect to SVGT 1.2 Spec from W3C. I downloaded the tests suite from
        > W3C website and it contains some svg content, some html pages with SVG
        > content and some png images. Can someone guide me how can I use these
        > to check if the player / viewer is SVGT1.2 compliant or not? There is
        > no documentation with the test suite to help get started.

        The SVGT 1.2 test suite is under development and there are no tests
        from W3C publicly available yet. Getting a test suite is one of the
        criteria to take SVGT 1.2 to Recommendation stage, so there will be
        public tests in the near future.

        Antoine
        --
        Blog — http://the.fuchsia-design.com
      • Divick Kishore
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
          >The SVGT 1.2 test suite is under development and there are no tests
          >from W3C publicly available yet. Getting a test suite is one of the
          >criteria to take SVGT 1.2 to Recommendation stage, so there will be
          >public tests in the near future.

          Yeah that I know. I am sorry that I should have clarified the question. The
          test suite that I downloaded was for SVG 1.1 and my question is pertaining
          to that version only. Essentially I had 2 questions.

          1. Is there test suite for SVGT1.2 -- which you have already answered that
          it is not public yet
          2. How to get started with SVGT1.1 Test suite?

          Thanks,
          Divick

        • Andreas Neumann
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
            > 1. Is there test suite for SVGT1.2 -- which you have already
            answered that
            > it is not public yet

            no, not yet, only for SVG 1.1 full, basic and tiny. This test suite
            is more comprehensive than the last release but not yet completely
            testing all features. Specifically, a lot of DOM features aren't
            tested and animation tests could be improved a lot as well.

            > 2. How to get started with SVGT1.1 Test suite?

            There are PNG reference images and explaining test what should happen
            (esp. in case of animation and scripting/interactivity tests).

            After loading the test SVG file, it should match the provided PNG
            reference image. For web browsers, the best start is http://
            www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlEmbedHarness/full-
            index.html - the SVG file is displayed to the left and the reference
            image to the right. For testing mobile viewers, you'd have to use a
            webbrowser as a helper to display the reference images.

            Hope this helps,
            Andreas