Re: gzip php output

  • Reid Priedhorsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Sean M Montague wrote:
      > Can anyone offer suggestions on the best way to compress php output of
      > svg? Does the example below compress all the the svg including what is
      > outside of the php tags? Will the content of php
      > require_once("php/map.php"); get compressed also? Thank you.

      If you are using Apache, look into mod_gzip.

      Good luck,

      Reid
    • UmaSurya Sykam
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007

        I want to pass image(.png or .jpeg) as an argument to button() constructor
        for making a button as the same way we make buttons using text or symbols.

        If somebody has sugessions pls pass them to me...

        thanx
        surya.
      • Andreas Neumann
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
          Hi Sean,

          I suggest doing this through Apache's mod_deflate (in Apache 2x) or
          mod_gzip (Apache 1.3x).

          Here is my configuration for Apache 2.0:

          LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \
          \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" (%{ratio}n%%)" combined
          CustomLog /var/log/apache2/cartonet.access_log "combined"

          <Directory "/some/path/cgi/">
          SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
          AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/svg+xml text/plain text/html
          # Don't compress images
          SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png|gz)$ no-gzip dont-vary
          SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI mapserv? no-gzip dont-vary
          </Directory>

          You'd also have to enable mod_deflate like other Apache modules.

          Notice the log format definition. This way you see the compression
          rate in your web server log file.

          Works great for me with fast performance and without problems.

          Andreas

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Sean M Montague <scene@...>