Merry XML !

  • steltenpower
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2006
    • Martin Honnen
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 24, 2006
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "steltenpower" <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > http://svglogo.com/xmlmas-tree.svg

        Is a script element defining functions like PlaceOrnament missing?
        message: Statement on line 1: Reference to undefined variable:
        PlaceOrnament
      • John Coe
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2006
          Here is my abstract tree using animation (give it a minute to grow)

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 24, 2006
            I dont think the attacment posted here is the link to the upload:
            http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/MM6ORS8y_Jd1GZMLxy3ntvPOwHkyI0j5lviWHLF7v3QZVPGw8AM8Ji-_g71UM-sertfQDf-1D2paBak2jOGgeV3B5hs0v3A/CTsierpinski.svg

            John Coe <johncoe42@...> wrote:
            Here is my abstract tree using animation (give it a minute to grow)

            steltenpower <yahoo@...> wrote: http://svglogo.com/xmlmas-tree.svg

          • Jayne De Sesa
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 29, 2006

              Just wanted to report that on my RIM Blackberry 7290 Wireless Handheld v4.0.2.49 (Platform
              1.8.0.142) I only got the following message:

              An error was encountered while transcoding this file (Error: An internal error was
              encountered while transcoding this file (Error: The value "100%" for attribute "width" of
              element <svg> named "$unnamed$0" is invalid.).)

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "steltenpower" <yahoo@...> wrote:

              > http://svglogo.com/xmlmas-tree.svg

            • Doug Schepers
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 30, 2006
                Hi-

                Jayne De Sesa wrote:

                > Just wanted to report that on my RIM Blackberry 7290 Wireless Handheld v4.0.2.49 (Platform
                > 1.8.0.142) I only got the following message:
                >
                > An error was encountered while transcoding this file (Error: An internal error was
                > encountered while transcoding this file (Error: The value "100%" for attribute "width" of
                > element <svg> named "$unnamed$0" is invalid.).)

                Even though this file was authored for SVG Full 1.1, it should display
                fine in a mobile viewer. As stated in the SVG Tiny 1.1 spec [1], "SVGT
                supports user units only, except for the 'width' and 'height' attributes
                on the outermost 'svg' element where CSS units are also supported. SVGB
                supports both user units and CSS user identifiers."

                So, '<svg width="100%" ... >' is perfectly valid.

                FWIW, SVG Tiny 1.2 [2] also permits percentages in width/height
                attributes of the SVG root 'svg' element.

                Maybe you should file a bug report with RIM.

                [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile/#units
                [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/struct.html#SVGElementWidthAttribute

                Regards-
                -Doug