Re: [svg-developers] Opening svg files in China with IE and FF

  • Jonathan Chetwynd
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
      Zhang,

      this has nothing to do with your domicile, rather you need to change
      your server configuration.
      instructions are here:
      http://wiki.svg.org/index.php?title=Server_Configuration

      regards

      Jonathan Chetwynd

      On 7 Oct 2006, at 00:00, Fuli Zhang wrote:

      When the following svg file is open with the IE in China, the display
      looks normal:

      http://www.pinyinology.com/planning/hanzi7.svg

      But when opened with the FF in China, no graphics show. What appears
      is the original code. I remember the page looked good on both IE and
      FF in the U.S. I wonder whether the problem is with the FF browser or
      with the country where the page is opened.

      I believe that members in this group are from many countries. I
      wonder whether some of you can open the page in your country, with
      both IE and FF, and let me know what you've seen.

      Thanks.

    • Samuel Dagan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2006
        Hi Fuli Zhang,
        I looked at your file. If I am not mistaken, you are using SMIL
        animations, which are not yet supported by FireFox. For more details
        about the support of SMIL see message #57053 and the answers.
        Cheers, Samy

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Fuli Zhang <fuliopen@...>