Opening svg files in China with IE and FF

  • Fuli Zhang
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
      When the following svg file is open with the IE in China, the display looks normal:

      http://www.pinyinology.com/planning/hanzi7.svg

      But when opened with the FF in China, no graphics show. What appears is the original code. I remember the page looked good on both IE and FF in the U.S. I wonder whether the problem is with the FF browser or with the country where the page is opened.

      I believe that members in this group are from many countries. I wonder whether some of you can open the page in your country, with both IE and FF, and let me know what you've seen.

      Thanks.

    • Jonathan Chetwynd
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
        Zhang,

        this has nothing to do with your domicile, rather you need to change
        your server configuration.
        instructions are here:
        http://wiki.svg.org/index.php?title=Server_Configuration

        regards

        Jonathan Chetwynd

        On 7 Oct 2006, at 00:00, Fuli Zhang wrote:

        When the following svg file is open with the IE in China, the display
        looks normal:

        http://www.pinyinology.com/planning/hanzi7.svg

        But when opened with the FF in China, no graphics show. What appears
        is the original code. I remember the page looked good on both IE and
        FF in the U.S. I wonder whether the problem is with the FF browser or
        with the country where the page is opened.

        I believe that members in this group are from many countries. I
        wonder whether some of you can open the page in your country, with
        both IE and FF, and let me know what you've seen.

        Thanks.

      • Samuel Dagan
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2006
          Hi Fuli Zhang,
          I looked at your file. If I am not mistaken, you are using SMIL
          animations, which are not yet supported by FireFox. For more details
          about the support of SMIL see message #57053 and the answers.
          Cheers, Samy

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Fuli Zhang <fuliopen@...>