Re: access to data underlying feDisplacementMap?

  • Andreas Neumann
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
      > >We are discussing this for SVG version 1.2 full as there are
      already many
      > >use cases. Its not
      > >in the upcoming SVG tiny spec, though.
      >
      > Do you have a pointer for this (a use case or a requirement)? I
      can't seem
      > to find this in http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2Reqs/ or
      > http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/.

      Hi Christophe,

      here is one:
      http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/dom.html

      the getPixel() method on an SVGImage.

      I haven't investigated that in detail though, what it actually does.

      Once the WG is working on SVG 1.2 full again, it will be revisited.

      If it turns out to be a feature that is very complex and unreliable
      to implement (as Thomas said), it may be skipped, though.

      Andreas