RE: [svg-developers] Re: mousewheel event

  • Doug Schepers
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi, Holger-

      Holger Will wrote:

      | i cant wait to see this specified, and usable in more browsers.

      Mousewheel events are specified in the latest draft of the SVG Tiny 1.2 spec
      (which will hopefully be a Candidate Recommendation soon). There is also
      work on them for the WebAPI Working Group's DOM3 specification, and if they
      meet the needs of SVG, the SVG spec will drop them in favor of the more
      language-neutral DOM3 version.

      So no matter what, there will be a specified mousewheel event soon, and I
      imagine that most browsers will support it.

      Regards-
      Doug
    • meikelneu
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2006
        Yep, this one works with ASV3 and ie6

        The question is: For how long?

        Since the Eolas patent thing ie6 is soon to change the way it handles
        plugin content via the embed tag ...