preserving F11 'full screen' functionality across browsers

  • krugerboy1971
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13, 2006
      Hi List

      I am currently using conditional statments to put my svg into an
      html wrapper:

      <!--[if IE]>
      <embed src="pyramid4_2.svg" height="98%" width="98%"></embed>
      <![endif]-->
      <![if !IE]>
      <object width="970px" height="560px" data="pyramid4_2.svg"
      type="image/svg+xml"></object>
      <![endif]>

      This seems to work nicely across all implementations - the only
      problem is that in Firefox and Opera 9, pressing F11 doesn't fill
      the screen with my svg (obviously, because I've specified pixels) -
      BUT is there a way use the object tag with Firefox/Opera which
      allows the full screen to stretch the svg content to fit (simply
      using % as with the IE code doesn't seem to work).

      Many thanks for any advice on this...
    • Lance Dyas
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 18, 2006
        krugerboy1971 wrote:

        > This seems to work nicely across all implementations - the only
        > problem is that in Firefox and Opera 9, pressing F11 doesn't fill
        > the screen with my svg (obviously, because I've specified pixels) -
        > BUT is there a way use the object tag with Firefox/Opera which
        > allows the full screen to stretch the svg content to fit (simply
        > using % as with the IE code doesn't seem to work).
        >
        > Many thanks for any advice on this...

        Just using my intuition try
        style="width:98%;height:98%"

        I vaguely recall css working where attributes did not.
      • Guy Morton
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 18, 2006
          why not use embed? it seems to work fine in firefox and IE/ASV. I set it
          to use 99.9% for width and height and haven't seen any issues.

          Guy

          Lance Dyas wrote:
          > krugerboy1971 wrote:
          >

          >> This seems to work nicely across all implementations - the only
          >> problem is that in Firefox and Opera 9, pressing F11 doesn't fill
          >> the screen with my svg (obviously, because I've specified pixels) -
          >> BUT is there a way use the object tag with Firefox/Opera which
          >> allows the full screen to stretch the svg content to fit (simply
          >> using % as with the IE code doesn't seem to work).
          >>
          >> Many thanks for any advice on this...
          >>

          > Just using my intuition try
          > style="width:98%;height:98%"
          >
          > I vaguely recall css working where attributes did not.

          > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"
          > ----
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • krugerboy1971
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2006
            Thanks for the tips Lance/Guy - but I still can't seem to get this
            working. Slightly frustrating. If I strip it down to just this:

            <embed src="pyramid4_3.svg" width="99.9%" height="99.9%"></embed>

            only IE+ASV works properly (displays it across the screen and allows
            the graphic to expand to full screen using F11). FF1.5 and Opera 9
            both display the SVG really tiny at top/centre of screen.

            Using CSS styling doesn't improve things (in fact, Opera 9 didn't seem
            to like that approach at all)

            Any ideas to save sanity??

            Alan

          • guy@alchemy.com.au
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2006
              Here is my embed tag verbatim from the HTML wrapper i use:

              <embed type='image/svg+xml' src='/svg' width='100%' height='100%'></embed>

              Perhaps the type attribute helps? Dunno. What OS and browser version are you
              using?

              Guy

              Quoting krugerboy1971 <alan.smithy@...>:

              > Thanks for the tips Lance/Guy - but I still can't seem to get this
              > working. Slightly frustrating. If I strip it down to just this:

              > <embed src="pyramid4_3.svg" width="99.9%" height="99.9%"></embed>

              > only IE+ASV works properly (displays it across the screen and allows
              > the graphic to expand to full screen using F11). FF1.5 and Opera 9
              > both display the SVG really tiny at top/centre of screen.
              >
              > Using CSS styling doesn't improve things (in fact, Opera 9 didn't seem
              > to like that approach at all)
              >
              > Any ideas to save sanity??
              >
              > Alan
              >

              > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Guy Morton <guy@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> why not use embed? it seems to work fine in firefox and IE/ASV. I
              > set it
              >> to use 99.9% for width and height and haven't seen any issues.
              >>
              >> Guy
              >>
              >> Lance Dyas wrote:

              >> > Just using my intuition try
              >> > style="width:98%;height:98%"
              >> >
              >> > I vaguely recall css working where attributes did not.
              >> >

              >> > -----
              >> > To unsubscribe send a message to:
              >> > -or-
              >> > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit
              > my membership"
              >> > ----
              >> > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > membership"
              > ----
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • krugerboy1971
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 21, 2006
                Guy

                I have solved the problem thanks to your snippet - it still didn't
                work on my page. Got me thinking that there must be something else in
                my HTML causing the problem.

                It turns out that removing the DOCTYPE declaration (XHTML 1
                transitional...) from the html page fixes the problem in both FF AND
                Opera...

                Thanks for your help, much appreciated

                Alan