[svg-developers] question about embeded svg

  • Sayed Arian Kooshesh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hello all,
      I have an embed svg file. I would like to get a reference to the containing
      html's dom. Does that make sense? I'm looking at the svgdocument element in
      venkman but I don't see anything. Can anyone help?

      Arian

      --
      "Art manifests desire in the imagination, but machines are an attempt to
      manifest desire in reality"

    • Pramod Eligeti
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        culd u send me the code so that i can hav a look. n plss tell me wht element u wanna access in html file.

        ==================================
        Pramod Eligeti,

        Master Of Information Engineering Student,
        Mecklenburger Stra├če, 4-140,
        Osnabrueck, Germany,
        D - 49088.

        Mobile No: +49 17620648881.
        Home No: +49 5413329380.
      • arabic_pilot
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
          Well Arain, I know for a fact that SVG can call the JavaScript
          functions on the page it is embedded in, so I guess you could make a
          workaround with this.
          As an example, say you wanted to make the circle, say, put the
          text "You clicked me!" in an input element with the name "input" and
          in the form named "form" once it got clicked. On the HTML page, you
          would put something like:
          <script type="text/javascript">

          function insertValue(text)
          {
          document.form.input.value = text;
          }
          </script>
          Then, in the SVG document, you'd put something like:

          <circle cx="150" cy="150" r="100" onclick="javascript:insertValue
          ('You clicked me!')" />
          Well, I certainly hope this helps, let me know if it does. Best
          reguards,
          Aaron Brookner.