Re: [svg-developers] Re: Modifying element's transformation matrix in Javascript

  • Cameron McCormack
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2006
      Kam-Hung Soh:
      > Maybe because I'm not yet in the SVG mindset, the sequence of objects
      > seems rather obscure. Why does "transform" have a "baseVal"?

      The ‘transform’ property is of type SVGAnimatedTransform, which has two
      properties itself: ‘baseVal’, which is the SVGTransform that represents
      the value specified in the ‘transform’ attribute, and ‘animVal’, which
      is the current animated value (the one set with an ‘animateTransform’
      element).

      The scheme of having SVGAnimatedXXX objects having an ‘animVal’ and
      ‘baseVal’ or type SVGXXX is common for other non-CSS attributes of the
      SVG elements.

      --
      Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/
      xmpp:heycam@... ▪ ICQ 26955922 ▪ MSN cam@...