Re: DYNAMIC SVG

  • Andreas Neumann
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2006
      I think that it would be as responsive and smooth as the flash in kartoo since the graphics
      displayed in kartoo is very small and simple. Network requests through XMLHttpRequest or
      getURL are just as fast as the network requests in flash.

      Flash is generally faster in rendering than SVG, given that the flash plugin is more mature
      than most SVG renderers, but for that kind of purpose SVG would work very well.

      As to estimating development time: this is hard to estimate if one doesn't have any concrete
      specification. If you build on existing work for SVG widgets it shouldn't be so complex. But I
      can't give you details here unless I know more about the functionality.

      Andreas

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "A.M.Shourbagui" <amshourbagui@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for that but would it be that responsive and
      > fast ...
      > and smooth...also how would you estimate the
      > developing time if i get a a tailored search engine.
      > kojo
    • Jonathan Chetwynd
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2006
        perhaps you are planning to miss out on the benefits of flash and SVG
        in relying on text so heavily.

        How about considering the relationships between images or symbols as
        a method for searching?

        regards

        Jonathan Chetwynd

        On 29 May 2006, at 12:51, A.M.Shourbagui wrote:

        Hi guys long time ...
        Has anyone checked www.kartoo.com
        It is flash based would anyone tell me if that is
        doable in SVG and the mechanism to realize it ...
        thnx as always

        Xml format Svg Format
        Data

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "svg-developers" on the web.