Re: SVG Scriting Across FF and IE. FAQ

  • chmavrog
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3 7:44 AM
      Martin,

      is there a link that you can sent me in order to see this for IE+ASV

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Honnen"
      <honnen_martin@...> wrote:

      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "chmavrog" <chmavrog@>
      wrote:

      > > -Inline SVG is currently supported only in FF,which supports
      XHTML,
      > > and not in IE6 + ASV. My answer(True)
      >
      > Opera 8 and Opera 9 beta also support mixed namespace XML documents
      > with XHTML and SVG elements.
      >
      > As for IE and the Adobe SVG viewer, IE has its very own concept of
      > HTML (not XHTML!) with namespaces where a plugin can implement the
      > elements in a namespace and Adobe uses that to provide support for
      > inline SVG inside of HTML documents with IE.

    • chmavrog
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3 7:44 AM

        <honnen_martin@...> wrote:

        > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "chmavrog" <chmavrog@>
        wrote:

        > > -Inline SVG is currently supported only in FF,which supports
        XHTML,
        > > and not in IE6 + ASV. My answer(True)
        >
        > Opera 8 and Opera 9 beta also support mixed namespace XML documents
        > with XHTML and SVG elements.
        >
        > As for IE and the Adobe SVG viewer, IE has its very own concept of
        > HTML (not XHTML!) with namespaces where a plugin can implement the
        > elements in a namespace and Adobe uses that to provide support for
        > inline SVG inside of HTML documents with IE.

      • Martin Honnen
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3 8:01 AM
          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "chmavrog" <chmavrog@...> wrote:

          > is there a link that you can sent me in order to see this for IE+ASV

          Recent example posted here on the list is for instance
          <http://members.optusnet.com.au/khsoh/0009.xhtml>

          See also
          <http://wiki.svg.org/Inline_SVG>
        • Jonathan Watt