Re: [svg-developers] Drop-down menu

  • Jonathan mayer
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
      I found this guy very helpful

      http://www.mycgiserver.com/~amri/widget/widget.svg

      Jonathan
      --- os_vlan <os_vlan@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Is there any idea where I can find a good drop-down
      > menu implemented
      > for SVG. I would like to integrate this drop-down
      > menu with my SVG-GUI
      > implementation.
      >
      > Thank you

    • os_vlan
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
        Thanks for your reply! But this guy doesn't have the drop-down menu.
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan mayer
        <jonrmayer@...> wrote:

        > I found this guy very helpful
        >
        > http://www.mycgiserver.com/~amri/widget/widget.svg
        >
        > Jonathan
        > --- os_vlan <os_vlan@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi,
        > > Is there any idea where I can find a good drop-down
        > > menu implemented
        > > for SVG. I would like to integrate this drop-down
        > > menu with my SVG-GUI
        > > implementation.
        > >
        > > Thank you

        > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all
        new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com

      • Andreas Neumann
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
          is that what you want?

          http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/gui/selectionlist/

          its a selectionlist that unfolds to the top or the bottom.

          Andreas

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "os_vlan" <os_vlan@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > Is there any idea where I can find a good drop-down menu implemented
          > for SVG. I would like to integrate this drop-down menu with my SVG-GUI
          > implementation.
          >
          > Thank you

        • os_vlan
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
            Actually, I'm not looking for the drop-down selection list. I'm
            looking for the menu component (i.e File,Edit,View..etc). I can
            adapt the drop-down selection list to use it as a menu, but I don't
            want to do that unless there is no menu component already
            implemented for SVG. I know that there is contextMenu implemnted by
            Adobe Viewer. However, I don't want to use it because I want my
            application to be viewer independet.
            Thanks
            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Neumann"
            <neumann@...> wrote:

            > is that what you want?
            >
            > http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/gui/selectionlist/
            >
            > its a selectionlist that unfolds to the top or the bottom.
            >
            > Andreas
            >
            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "os_vlan" <os_vlan@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > > Is there any idea where I can find a good drop-down menu
            implemented
            > > for SVG. I would like to integrate this drop-down menu with my
            SVG-GUI
            > > implementation.
            > >
            > > Thank you

          • Alastair Fettes
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
              There's lots of drop down menu implementations out there. What have
              you written for your SVG-GUI? Drop down has to be one of the more
              simple ones out there. If you've got other stuff I'd suggest you
              simply write this one in the same pattern that your other widgets are
              done.

              Alastair

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "os_vlan" <os_vlan@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > Is there any idea where I can find a good drop-down menu implemented
              > for SVG. I would like to integrate this drop-down menu with my SVG-GUI
              > implementation.
              >
              > Thank you

            • Guy Morton
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
                This looks good - but it doesn't work in firefox? is that just due to
                the way the SVG file has been put together, or something more
                significant? Anyone know?

                Guy

                Jonathan mayer wrote:
                > I found this guy very helpful
                >
                > http://www.mycgiserver.com/~amri/widget/widget.svg
                >
                > Jonathan
                > --- os_vlan <os_vlan@...> wrote:
                >

                >> Hi,
                >> Is there any idea where I can find a good drop-down
                >> menu implemented
                >> for SVG. I would like to integrate this drop-down
                >> menu with my SVG-GUI
                >> implementation.
                >>
                >> Thank you

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • chiluvuri1
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5, 2006
                  I can also use a "Drop Down" list. But I need the code in a specific
                  form, so that, I can use the code to create a reusable GUI Java
                  class. I will create a Java class that dynamically generates
                  custom "Drop Down Selection List".

                  For example:
                  String list[] = {"East", "West", "South", "North"};
                  DropDownList DDL = new DropDownList(4, items);

                  I have an example for RadioButtons group at:
                  http://cbsdf.com/technologies/GUI-class1.htm

                  The SVG code implementation of Radio Buttons:
                  http://cbsdf.com/technologies/include-the-SVG-Component.htm
                  Reusable Java Class to generate the GUI Component:
                  http://cbsdf.com/technologies/java-class-radiobuttons.htm

                  I like to add DropDown list to a Java Class library for Java
                  programmers. Greatly appreciate, if any of you can provide me the SVG
                  code.

                  Regards..Raju