Re: 3D boxes?

  • mvalley
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Phi Tran" <ephitran@...>
      wrote:

      > This is combination of these functions. Rotate then Skew OR SkewX
      then SkewY
      > - Both work. You may need to use ScaleX and or ScaleY as well.
      > Take a look a W3C website on SVG specication It will you the
      formulars and
      > example how each works
      >

      > Those above functions only give you a 3d ->2d visual presentation
      of a rect.
      > Howerer you also need to keep up with the other D for you to know
      which rect
      > should paint first then second ... so on to have it fully 3-D
      inlustrated
      > (There are many other website talking on 3-d Graphic animation).

      I've experimented with all of the functions you mentioned - none do
      what I'm looking for (at least the way I'm using them).

      I have 3 pretty good books on SVG - none of them say anything about
      3-D stuff. I've spent several hours Googling and have come up with
      little of anything helpful.

      Does anyone happen to know of any specific web sites that would have
      some examples of these 3-d calculations?
    • Phi Tran
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
        It is not 3-D ->2D; But you using it as:
        A SQUARE RECTANGLE put it on 3-D it become a NONE-SQUARE RECTANGLE.
        (you need a 3-D Graphic Animation not SVG 3D-2D...)