Re: [svg-developers] Re: 3D boxes?

  • Phi Tran
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
      On 4/2/06, mvalley <mvalley@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for link. I've studied that information and am trying to adapt
      > the concept to what I need to do.
      >
      > In the example, to get the three-dimensional effect,it appears that
      > the box is rotated about 30 degrees clockwise and then about 30
      > degrees down.
      >
      > To get this effect, I'm going to have to calculate the X and Y end
      > points for each of the lines based on the dimensions of the box being
      > displayed. Anyone here have any ideas as to what sort of formula would
      > do this?

      This is combination of these functions. Rotate then Skew OR SkewX then SkewY
      - Both work. You may need to use ScaleX and or ScaleY as well.
      Take a look a W3C website on SVG specication It will you the formulars and
      example how each works

      Those above functions only give you a 3d ->2d visual presentation of a rect.
      Howerer you also need to keep up with the other D for you to know which rect
      should paint first then second ... so on to have it fully 3-D inlustrated
      (There are many other website talking on 3-d Graphic animation).

      Good Luck

      Phi

      Any additional info will be greatly appreciated.

      > Thanks.
      >

      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ddailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is not quite so complex as what I think you have in mind, but I
      > > happened to see this very nice little demonstration by Antoine Quint
      > the
      > > other day.
      > > http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/01/23/svg/index.html?page=2&x-
      > maxdepth=0
      > >
      > > It is an SVG recreation of a flash thingy ( Niklas Gustavsson's
      > original SWF
      > > animation,) involving cubes bouncing around onmouseover.
      > >
      > > DD

      > membership"
      > ----
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • mvalley
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Phi Tran" <ephitran@...>
        wrote:

        > This is combination of these functions. Rotate then Skew OR SkewX
        then SkewY
        > - Both work. You may need to use ScaleX and or ScaleY as well.
        > Take a look a W3C website on SVG specication It will you the
        formulars and
        > example how each works
        >

        > Those above functions only give you a 3d ->2d visual presentation
        of a rect.
        > Howerer you also need to keep up with the other D for you to know
        which rect
        > should paint first then second ... so on to have it fully 3-D
        inlustrated
        > (There are many other website talking on 3-d Graphic animation).

        I've experimented with all of the functions you mentioned - none do
        what I'm looking for (at least the way I'm using them).

        I have 3 pretty good books on SVG - none of them say anything about
        3-D stuff. I've spent several hours Googling and have come up with
        little of anything helpful.

        Does anyone happen to know of any specific web sites that would have
        some examples of these 3-d calculations?
      • Phi Tran
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
          It is not 3-D ->2D; But you using it as:
          A SQUARE RECTANGLE put it on 3-D it become a NONE-SQUARE RECTANGLE.
          (you need a 3-D Graphic Animation not SVG 3D-2D...)