SVGDeveloper,a powerful tool to develop svg application, released version 1.0

  • mysvgdeveloper
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 27, 2006
      SVGDeveloper 1.0 is a powerful software to develop svg applications.
      Facilitated by the powerful designing capability of the software,
      users can "draw" the most of shapes, texts, images, and so on. Using
      the powerful source coder of the software, users can write any
      complex svg application with the intelligence.

      The features include:
      The most drawing tool
      Free transform and create the animation of the transform
      CSS support
      Delete the elements with the namespcace or the tagname
      Export image
      Convert image source to native base64 code
      External Symbos and Shapes support
      Lineargradient, Radiagradient, Pattern support
      Brush transform, can transform the gradient and the pattern, also can
      create the animation of the transform.
      Control the animation using the key on the timeline
      Full animation support, you can create animation for any attribute
      Property and Event Browser
      Source editor with intelligence
      Color Theme Support
      XAML Support(Code intelligence and Export)
      Print

      You can get it from the site: http://www.perfectsvg.com
    • mysvgdeveloper
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
        has someone used it? please let me know if you have some suggestions.
        thank you!

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "mysvgdeveloper" <yypprr@...>
        wrote:

        > SVGDeveloper 1.0 is a powerful software to develop svg
        applications.
        > Facilitated by the powerful designing capability of the software,
        > users can "draw" the most of shapes, texts, images, and so on.
        Using
        > the powerful source coder of the software, users can write any
        > complex svg application with the intelligence.
        >
        > The features include:
        > The most drawing tool
        > Free transform and create the animation of the transform
        > CSS support
        > Delete the elements with the namespcace or the tagname
        > Export image
        > Convert image source to native base64 code
        > External Symbos and Shapes support
        > Lineargradient, Radiagradient, Pattern support
        > Brush transform, can transform the gradient and the pattern, also
        can
        > create the animation of the transform.
        > Control the animation using the key on the timeline
        > Full animation support, you can create animation for any attribute
        > Property and Event Browser
        > Source editor with intelligence
        > Color Theme Support
        > XAML Support(Code intelligence and Export)
        > Print
        >
        > You can get it from the site: http://www.perfectsvg.com

      • Francis Hemsher
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
          > has someone used it? please let me know if you have some suggestions.
          > thank you!

          I'll be happy to give you some feedback. Right now, I'm downloading
          your package with the .Net framework. Gee, it tells me that it will
          take about 2 hours. First suggestion: speed up the download :)

          Francis
        • Francis Hemsher
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"
            <Francis.Hemsher@...> wrote:

            > > has someone used it? please let me know if you have some
            suggestions.
            > > thank you!
            >
            > I'll be happy to give you some feedback. Right now, I'm downloading
            > your package with the .Net framework. Gee, it tells me that it will
            > take about 2 hours. First suggestion: speed up the download :)
            >
            > Francis

            Second suggestion: (It's still downloading...)
            I note you charge $158 for a license. That's an uncomfortable number in
            the Western World.
            Go to $200 USD
          • Richard Gnyla
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
              Hi

              Have downloaded PerfectSVG and used it for a bit

              Very good, quite impressed, very much like Flash interface

              The time line is a bit annoying the way it disappears, would like the
              option of seeing it all the time.

              Im gonna play with this today for a bit and see what can come up with.

              Exports to svg and xaml as well

              I would definitely consider buying it

              Richard

              --
              Richard K Gnyla
              eventex solutions

              tel . 01905 758 745
              mob.07801 365 146
              www.eventex.co.uk

              ***********************************************************************************************************************
              contain privileged or copyright information. If you are not the
              intended recipient you must not copy, change, distribute or use this
              email or the information contained in it for any purpose
              other than to notify us. If you have received this message in error,
              please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email
              from your system. We do not guarantee that this material is free from
              viruses or any other defects although due care has
              been taken to minimise the risk.
            • Richard Gnyla
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
                Ahh

                Found the auto hide button for timeline now

                RIchard

                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
                  <Francis.Hemsher@...> wrote:

                  > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"
                  > <Francis.Hemsher@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > has someone used it? please let me know if you have some
                  > suggestions.
                  > > > thank you!
                  > >
                  > > I'll be happy to give you some feedback. Right now, I'm
                  downloading
                  > > your package with the .Net framework. Gee, it tells me that it
                  will
                  > > take about 2 hours. First suggestion: speed up the download :)
                  > >
                  > > Francis
                  > >

                  > Second suggestion: (It's still downloading...)
                  > I note you charge $158 for a license. That's an uncomfortable
                  number in
                  > the Western World.
                  > Go to $200 USD

                  I worked with this for about an hour(wish I could spend more time).
                  It's a great program.

                  I have the following comments:

                  Include a few sample files to allow the new user to excercise the
                  package.

                  Undo/Redo buttons should always be accessible.

                  Zoom-In/Zoom-out should include an adjacent 1:1 button to return to
                  original view.

                  Slow Selection Response - I'm not a graphics developer. Using my
                  system: Pentium 3b, 128 Meg RAM, Windows XP pro, for this program,
                  just keeps my hard drive working overtime. I guess with more
                  horsepower, this may not be a problem. I hope so, because it is very
                  important to provide quick response to user selections.

                  Wishing you great success,
                  Francis
                • DL
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
                    Whilst discussing SVG development tools .. (SVGDeveloper etc.) .. anyone trying Web
                    Engine (beta) from

                    http://www.virtualmechanics.com ?

                    Web Engine has SVG animation features, SiteSpinner does not.

                    note that there is a quirk with Firefox 1.5 demos .. quoting from a thread ..

                    The only real problem with the initial section of the code generated by SiteSpinnerV2 is
                    that it doesn't bind the XLink namespace to the xlink namespace prefix, but the file then
                    goes on to use it anyway. In plain English, the <svg> tag needs to have an attribute
                    xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink". So it should start like this:

                    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
                    xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
                    width="100%"
                    height="100%"

                  • Joel Metelius
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 6, 2006
                      I downloaded the non .Net version but it doesn't work at all I would
                      say. You can draw some of the primitives but that's about it.

                      Can't draw a rect or ellipse for example, they aren't displayed in the
                      working area. Can't drag or transfrom anything. When you drag in
                      objects they jump to other locations then where you put them. And then
                      you can't move them...

                      Couldn't find a tutorial either.
                    • Richard Gnyla
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 6, 2006
                        I think you need .net for it to run (download off microsoft site, its
                        quicker)

                        I managed to do everything, change colour over time, transform, rotate,
                        text, smaller bigger.

                        Must agree the help files are not brilliant, but i did spend a few years
                        doing flash animations so the interface was pretty straightforward for
                        me (almost a direct copy)

                        I would say it needs a little bit of work, but it seems to be free of
                        bugs and has potential.

                        Not sure that the market is going to be ready for another load of flash
                        type adverts but done in SVG though.

                        Richard

                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 6, 2006
                          I do have .Net, just didn't download with .Net bundled. Tried with
                          both v1.1 and 2.0 of .Net without success.

                          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Richard Gnyla <richard@...> wrote:

                          > I think you need .net for it to run (download off microsoft site, its
                          > quicker)

                        • mysvgdeveloper
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 7, 2006
                            Hi,Joel :

                            I have received your mail and I found the the reason why
                            SVGDeveloper doesn't display your document.
                            Your document should be the follow according to the screenshot:

                            <rect x="174,75" y="384,14" width="114,14" height="87,88"
                            fill="#FFFFFF" stroke="black"/>

                            In SVGDeveloper, the "114,14" ("87,88","384,14", and so on) is an
                            uncorrect length and it's value will be 0. So the size of the rect
                            will
                            be zero and you can't find them on the canvas. You can see the
                            property
                            value in the "Property Browser" and then update them.

                            I don't know why the length of the rect displays as the above
                            code.
                            When you draw a rect in SVGDeveloper, the code of the rect's length
                            in
                            the source editor should be "114.14", not "114,14".

                            <rect x="59.6" y="93.94" width="157.57" height="104.04"
                            fill="#FFFFFF"
                            stroke="#000000" stroke-dasharray="none" id="rect" />

                            Please update the code in the source editor and see if the canvas
                            displays correctly.

                            Additionanlly, you can still draw the shape and transform it if
                            there is only
                            the reason. When you draw a rect on the canvas, the properties of the
                            rect will be "right" (even through it shows uncorrectly in the source
                            editor). The code display in the source editor doesn't affect the
                            rect
                            until you change the code and reload.

                            Please tell us more details so that we can find the exactly reason.
                            Thank you.

                            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Joel Metelius"
                            <joel.metelius@...> wrote:

                            > I do have .Net, just didn't download with .Net bundled. Tried with
                            > both v1.1 and 2.0 of .Net without success.
                            >
                            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Richard Gnyla <richard@>
                            wrote:

                            > > I think you need .net for it to run (download off microsoft site,
                            its
                            > > quicker)

                          • mysvgdeveloper
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 7, 2006
                              Hi, Francis:
                              ¡¡¡¡
                              ¡¡¡¡Thank you for your suggestions, they are very helpful to us :) We
                              will improve the SVGDeveloper to make it better.

                              About the speed, We have submitted SVGDeveloper on some sites
                              (download.com, beatnews.com...) and it is in processsing. The speed
                              may be faster if SVGDeveloper is listed on these sites.

                              I don't know 158$ is uncomfortable before. We will select a
                              confortable price if necessary. But can the user accept the price of
                              200$? :) I am still thinking, please give me more suggestions, thank
                              you :)

                              By the way, I have posted the reply yesterday but i don't know why
                              not display :)

                              Peng Yang

                              ¡¡¡¡

                              <Francis.Hemsher@...> wrote:

                              > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"
                              > <Francis.Hemsher@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"

                              > > suggestions.
                              > > >
                              > > > I'll be happy to give you some feedback. Right now, I'm
                              > downloading
                              > > > your package with the .Net framework. Gee, it tells me that it
                              > will
                              > > > take about 2 hours. First suggestion: speed up the download :)
                              > > >
                              > > > Francis
                              > > >

                              > > Second suggestion: (It's still downloading...)
                              > > I note you charge $158 for a license. That's an uncomfortable
                              > number in
                              > > the Western World.
                              > > Go to $200 USD
                              >

                              > I worked with this for about an hour(wish I could spend more time).
                              > It's a great program.
                              >
                              > I have the following comments:
                              >
                              > Include a few sample files to allow the new user to excercise the
                              > package.
                              >

                              > Undo/Redo buttons should always be accessible.
                              >

                              > Zoom-In/Zoom-out should include an adjacent 1:1 button to return to
                              > original view.
                              >
                              > Slow Selection Response - I'm not a graphics developer. Using my
                              > system: Pentium 3b, 128 Meg RAM, Windows XP pro, for this program,
                              > just keeps my hard drive working overtime. I guess with more
                              > horsepower, this may not be a problem. I hope so, because it is
                              very
                              > important to provide quick response to user selections.
                              >
                              > Wishing you great success,
                              > Francis

                            • mysvgdeveloper
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 7, 2006
                                Hi,RIchard:

                                Thank you for your approving, it encourages us very much. We will
                                continue to develop SVGDeveloper and make it better.

                                I also received your mail and replied, please check it.

                                By the way, I have posted the reply yesterday but don't know why
                                not display:)

                                Peng Yang

                                wrote:

                                > Ahh
                                >
                                > Found the auto hide button for timeline now
                                >
                                > RIchard
                                >
                                > Francis Hemsher wrote:
                                > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"

                                > > suggestions.

                                > >> I'll be happy to give you some feedback. Right now, I'm
                                downloading
                                > >> your package with the .Net framework. Gee, it tells me that it
                                will
                                > >> take about 2 hours. First suggestion: speed up the download :)
                                > >>
                                > >> Francis
                                > >>

                                > > Second suggestion: (It's still downloading...)
                                > > I note you charge $158 for a license. That's an uncomfortable
                                number in
                                > > the Western World.
                                > > Go to $200 USD
                                > >

                                > > -----
                                > > To unsubscribe send a message to: svg-developers-
                                unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                > > -or-
                                > > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and
                                click "edit my membership"
                                > > ----
                                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                > >

                                > > ---
                                > > [This E-mail scanned for viruses for your protection]
                                > >

                                > --
                                > Richard K Gnyla
                                > eventex solutions
                                >
                                > tel . 01905 758 745
                                > mob.07801 365 146
                                > www.eventex.co.uk

                                > contain privileged or copyright information. If you are not the
                                > intended recipient you must not copy, change, distribute or use
                                this
                                > email or the information contained in it for any purpose
                                > other than to notify us. If you have received this message in
                                error,
                                > please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email
                                > from your system. We do not guarantee that this material is free
                                from
                                > viruses or any other defects although due care has
                                > been taken to minimise the risk.

                                > ---
                                > [This E-mail scanned for viruses for your protection]

                              • Doug Schepers
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 7, 2006
                                  Hi, Yang-

                                  First, I'd like to ask you to change the name of your application.
                                  SVG-Developers has been the primary list for SVG for 6 years, and by naming
                                  your app something so similar, you are going to create confusion. This list
                                  is a free, community-based service, and you should respect the "brand" and
                                  not create the impression that they are somehow related. When I refer
                                  newbies to "SVG-Developers" for help, I want them to be clear on what I'm
                                  referring to. You might risk alienating the community if you are perceived
                                  as capitalizing on this list.

                                  You probably didn't realize that might cause confusion, and luckily it's
                                  early enough in the product's life that changing the name now won't be much
                                  of a problem. Something like PerfectSVG would be good, and more distinctive.

                                  | I don't know 158$ is uncomfortable before. We will select a
                                  | confortable price if necessary. But can the user accept the price of
                                  | 200$? :) I am still thinking, please give me more suggestions, thank
                                  | you :)

                                  I'm a Westerner, and I have no idea why $158 is an uncomfortable number to
                                  Francis.... I'm personally about $42 more comfortable with that than $200.
                                  Maybe he means that people are more used to figures like $159.99, but I
                                  would never let a strange price point change my mind about purchasing an
                                  app. Presumably you did market research and factored in your cost of
                                  development to arrive at that figure, so don't worry about that.

                                  Regards-
                                  Doug

                                  doug.schepers@...
                                  www.vectoreal.com ...for scalable solutions.
                                • Barend Köbben
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 7, 2006
                                    [*snip*]
                                    > <rect x="174,75" y="384,14" width="114,14" height="87,88"
                                    > fill="#FFFFFF" stroke="black"/>

                                    > the source editor should be "114.14", not "114,14".
                                    [*snip*]

                                    You probably have figured it out already by now, but this is because the editor took the internationalisation/regional settings of the OS, and this OS had comma (,) as it's decimal seperator (as for instance we in The Netherlands have)...

                                    --
                                    Barend Köbben
                                    International Institute for Geo-information
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 4 1:03 AM
                                      Hi:
                                      We have updated svgdeveloper to v1.0.5, it solved the problem caused
                                      by the decimal seperator, please download and try it.
                                      thank you.

                                      Peng Yang
                                      Site:http://www.perfectsvg.com
                                      Mail:service@...