hw to embed javascript in svg

  • vikas gupta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2006
      hi everyone!
      i m new to svg.can u please help me and tell me how can i embed javascript in svg.Pls provide me the suitable links explaining this.
      Thanx in advance
      vikas

    • Ronan Oger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2006
        Here are two resources to use for this...

        http://www.google.ch/search?q=embed+javascript+into+svg

        or

        http://www.svg-whiz.com/wiki/index.php?search=script&go=Go

        And here is how you do this.

        Generally, you embed an external file:

        <script xlink:href="http://sourcepath/script.js">

        or you inline the script using a CDATA element in a script element
        <script >
        <![CDATA[ var myJSCode = 1;]]>
        </script>

        or

        <script> <![CDATA[ function matchwo(a,b)
        { if (a < b && a < 0) then { return 1 }
        else { return 0 }
        }
        ]]> </script>