Re: Flash Lite 2

  • Jeff Schiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2006
      Lance,

      I agree with you. It would be great if Adobe's content tools would
      generate a variety of formats (SWF, PDF, SVG, XAML?). This is where
      they make their money after all, not on the viewers....

      Jeff

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, lance dyas <lancelot@i...> wrote:

      > People do need to remember the difference between a format and an
      > application.
      > Even though SVG can be done in Notepad (I prefer GVIM), I would buy the
      > lastest
      > Flash and spend those $$$ if Flash would produce nice clean SVG.
      >
      > Because Flash has a very good artist friendly gui for many things like
      > hands on "painting" of Vectors and Vectorization of
      > Rasters as well as its Frame based 2D animation and I am sure I dont
      > care if it could still produce SWF They could add
      > declarative animation interfaces to the Flash APP and when they render
      > out to SVG it would convert easily
      > and when it went to SWF it would be autoscripted The reverse is true
      > for framed animation.
      >
      > Adobe's illustrator has always been ... less intuitive for me to use
      > than various Macromedia products, ( Freehand being the prime example)
      > Though Flash <as of version 5, for I lack anything newer > also had its
      > quirkiness... it was difficult to find where scripts where attached
      > in a complex set up after you had been away from it for awhile or if
      > you were trying to learn from somebody elses FLA)
      >
      > Richard Gnyla wrote:
      > > Interesting
      > >
      > > Here is the reason why Adobe thinks you should use Flash (and not
      alternative technologies such as SVG

      http://news.com.com/Mobile+and+consumer+devices+get+a+Flash+from+Adobe/2100-1041_3-6018004.html?part=rss&tag=6018004&subj=news

      http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200601/010306FlashLite.html

      > >> Here is the reason why Adobe thinks you should use Flash (and not
      > >> alternative technologies such as SVG):
      > >>
      > >> "Flash Lite 2 and Flash Player SDK 7 enable OEMs, consumer
      electronics
      > >> device manufacturers and operators to provide rich, customizable user
      > >> interfaces, while delivering more consistent consumer experiences
      > >> across devices, operating systems, processors and screen sizes. By
      > >> leveraging the Flash ecosystem -- which includes the Flash authoring
      > >> tool, rendering engine, and an established community of more than two
      > >> million designers and developers -- Flash Lite 2 and Flash Player SDK
      > >> 7 can reduce deployment costs and deliver content and interfaces
      three
      > >> to five times faster than competing solutions."
      > >>
      > >> Alastair
      >

      > --
      > Google Me at : Decision Driven Rolegaming
      >
      > -- Lance Dyas
      > The Decision Driven Gaming Center
      > "Creating a language for describing how we do things to enable
      better visualization in roleplay."