A web site using SVG for helping people to learn English

  • Xiaoping Gao
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 1, 2006
      All,

      Happy New Year !!!

      Here is the web site, www.readingplayground.com, using SVG for helping children to learn English.

      It works better with Adobe SVG Viewer 6.

      Any feedback is appreciated.

      Xiaoping Gao

    • Laurent T.
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 2, 2006
        First of all Gao, Happy New Year 2006 !

        Your “Reading playground” is great. I would like to know more on the Speech To Text engine you used and how you made your “Karaoke” like interface. I’m looking for a way to industrialise the creation of music karaoke for education purpose. Are you using a specific tool? Build your own?

        Let us know!

        恭賀新禧 ,萬事如意 !
        ______________
        Laurent Tonnelier

        It works better with Adobe SVG Viewer 6.

        Any feedback is appreciated.

        Xiaoping Gao

        visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        § To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

        _____

      • Jonathan Chetwynd
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 2, 2006
          Xiaoping Gao

          I registered twice, but never received a confirmation email....
          perhaps you could provide a "guest" or anonymous login?

          cheers

          Jonathan Chetwynd
          Accessible Solutions
          http://www.eas-i.co.uk

          On 1 Jan 2006, at 20:09, Xiaoping Gao wrote:

          All,

          Happy New Year !!!

          Here is the web site, www.readingplayground.com, using SVG for
          helping children to learn English.

          It works better with Adobe SVG Viewer 6.

          Any feedback is appreciated.

          Xiaoping Gao

          To unsubscribe send a message to: svg-developers-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Xml format Svg Format
          Data

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "svg-developers" on the web.

        • Laurent T.
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 2, 2006
            No confirmation mail is needed… just enter user ans pass as I did… It works.
            ______________
            Laurent Tonnelier

            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 2, 2006
              Laurent,

              Thanks for your comments.

              We built the engine for generating the “Karaoke” like effect. The service is free, unfortunately, I cannot really reveal how we did it for reasons you will understand.

              Happy New Year!

              Xiaoping

              "Laurent T." <ltonneli@...> wrote: First of all Gao, Happy New Year 2006 !

              Your “Reading playground” is great. I would like to know more on the Speech To Text engine you used and how you made your “Karaoke” like interface. I’m looking for a way to industrialise the creation of music karaoke for education purpose. Are you using a specific tool? Build your own?

              Let us know!

              恭賀新禧 ,萬事如意 !
              ______________
              Laurent Tonnelier

              It works better with Adobe SVG Viewer 6.

              Any feedback is appreciated.

              Xiaoping Gao

              visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              § To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

              _____

              visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"

              Xml format Svg Format Data

            • Xiaoping Gao
              Message 6 of 30 , Jan 2, 2006
                The confirmation step is in-activated for now. So, no confirmation email is needed as Laurent pointed out.

                "Laurent T." <ltonneli@...> wrote: No confirmation mail is needed� just enter user ans pass as I did� It works.
                ______________
                Laurent Tonnelier

                Message 7 of 30 , Jan 3, 2006
                  Xiaoping Gao

                  I've tried a variety of methods to log in using ff1.5, ie5.2 and ie6
                  in os x and win'98 without success, message is "If you are not
                  registered" in red.

                  regards

                  Jonathan Chetwynd
                  Accessible Solutions
                  http://www.eas-i.co.uk

                  On 2 Jan 2006, at 15:52, Xiaoping Gao wrote:

                  The confirmation step is in-activated for now. So, no confirmation
                  email is needed as Laurent pointed out.

                  "Laurent T." <ltonneli@...> wrote: No confirmation mail is
                  needed� just enter user ans pass as I did� It works.
                  ______________
                  Laurent Tonnelier

                  I registered twice, but never received a confirmation email....
                  perhaps you could provide a "guest" or anonymous login?

                  cheers

                  Jonathan Chetwynd
                  Accessible Solutions
                  http://www.eas-i.co.uk

                  _____

                  To unsubscribe send a message to: svg-developers-
                  unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  Xml
                  format
                  Svg
                  Format
                  Data

                  Service.

                  To unsubscribe send a message to: svg-developers-
                  unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  Visit your group "svg-developers" on the web.

                • Francis Hemsher
                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 27, 2006
                    Hi All,
                    I'm responding to a request to define why the FireFox Demo presented
                    below does not run my site file.

                    It merely creates a static map with absolutely no interactivity
                    shown, nor any svg elements to update.

                    This far below the needs of the file on my site.

                    Regards,
                    Francis

                    <ephitran@...> wrote:

                    > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"
                    > <Francis.Hemsher@M...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I asked my accountant today If I could put 50 grand(US) on the
                    line.
                    > > She chuckled, and said "not again, Francis"...we've travelled
                    many
                    > > intresting journeys together.
                    > >
                    > > I, for a fact, know that certain entities have tried to run my
                    site's
                    > > SVG file in FF with absolutely no success. You just can't do
                    it.
                    > > I'll give you thirty(30) days to post an FF demo that runs:
                    > > http://www.mobiusPortal.com/AvianFlu/viewPort_AF.asp
                    > >
                    > > All files have been purposely exposed so you can access them.
                    > >
                    > > Francis
                    > >

                    > I think it is better that I include a link for the machine
                    generated
                    > FF_DEMO at http://www.oneplusplus.com/Download/FF_DEMO.HTML.
                    >
                    > This is a 242Kb long. However if we employ two-end customized
                    > compression technic it will be about 20-25Kb of XMLHTTP bandwidth
                    for
                    > LARGE MAP; Instead of loading one 450KB SVG we can safely load 20
                    > different resolution maps- Plus the one-time overhead is about 40K
                    bytes.

                    > As I state on the previous message that the IE only work good on
                    about
                    > 6000 elements. This link is for the FF But if you want to do good
                    for
                    > the IE then we have too work around thru IFRAME(s). Such as one for
                    > the America continent one for the Australia, one for the
                    Anartica ...

                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Happy New Year!!!!
                    >

                    > Phi

                  • Jeroen Vanattenhoven
                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 27, 2006
                      When I look at the source of
                      http://www.oneplusplus.com/Download/FF_DEMO.HTML I can't see any svg. I
                      can only see stuff like this:

                      So what the hell is it? And why do you post it to the "SVG" mailing list?

                      btw the latest version of Opera can also run "it".

                      Jeroen