Re: overlay an svg on top of an iframe?

  • Martin Honnen
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2005
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Ronan Oger <ronan@r...> wrote:

      > Has anyone on this group given any thought to overlaying an svg
      image on top
      > of an iframe? Is there any browser implementation that enables this?

      Firefox 1.5 and Opera 9 preview certainly allow that. Simple test case
      with an XHTML document containing an iframe loading a map from Google
      and using CSS to position a div with an SVG graphics on top of the iframe:
      <http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/svg/test2005123101.xhtml>
      It doesn't work out with Opera 8 I think as there iframes always sit
      on top of normal HTML contents.

      > I am wondering if it is possible to overlay svg widgets on top of
      the contents
      > of an iframe containing a maps.google.com map or similar fun things.

      Doesn't Google provide an API to use its maps so that you do not even
      need an iframe with a document from the google domain?
      <http://www.google.com/apis/maps/>
      Jim has played with that and even hacked it for Firefox to use Firefox
      's native SVG implementation:
      <http://jibbering.com/blog/?p=179>